Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAM symptomps problem on ACER 4740G COMPAL LA-5681P

Hi All, sorry for my bad english

Just arrived Acer Aspire 4740G (COMPAL NALGO LA-5681P) at my Desk, power on just for 10sec and then go off, no display and no power for hdd dan DVD (3VS and 5VS is 0V)
    First, I replaced the EC, but the problem still the same,
    Second, I replaced HM55 and flash EC bios,
    Now can boot but only for 30 sec and then go off (suspect ME Region Problem) and only can boot with Kingston Ram Module, and no worked with the other. I've tested 10 ram module, and only work with Kingston, and then I searched another bios, and got it from Acer's Website, and ME Region Problem solved. But the RAM problem still the same, only work with Kingston Ram Module. Machine work normally if i boot with mini xp on hiren boot CD, but cannot enter windows, after "starting windows" appears, the machine got restarted.
    When I run memtest 86+, shows thousand errors (with kingston). but if i test the kingston ram module into the other laptop machine, it passed the memtest

I have tested it with another processor, clean the ram and cpu sockets, reflow the cpu socket, but still the same, only work with kingston but thousand errors on memtest86+ and cannot enter windows

What is suspect? Is it cpu socket problem? and I have to reball or replace the cpu socket??
    Please give me a suggestion, thanks before...
    Last edited by chrizzclo; 03-18-2015, 01:40 AM.

Re: RAM symptomps problem on ACER 4740G COMPAL LA-5681P

Nobody can help me??

Comment

First check the ram slot.
      How's the voltages?
      CPU,RAM

Comment

"power on just for 10sec and then go off, no display and no power for hdd dan DVD (3VS and 5VS is 0V)"

its switched rails with SUSP signal. this signal comes from EC

Comment

Hi friendbit might be problem with nec token ic if it is there please replace it

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
            "power on just for 10sec and then go off, no display and no power for hdd dan DVD (3VS and 5VS is 0V)"

its switched rails with SUSP signal. this signal comes from EC
            Originally posted by sureshbobby View Post
            Hi friendbit might be problem with nec token ic if it is there please replace it
            Hei Friends, yeah you right that signal from EC, but that problem has been solved.

No there's no TOKIN.

Now, the problem is RAM problem. I only can boot to bios when kingston ram in it, but always get thousand of errors on memtest86, so i cannot boot into windows.
            Is this cpu socket failure? Because ram was driven by CPU
            Last edited by chrizzclo; 03-20-2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X