Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 620 does not turn on

Hello,
    My HP 620 Laptop does not to power on. When adapter is connected ntb is charging, when I press power button, laptop lights up, DVD drive and hdd working, but lcd is blank. Only flashes wifi button from orange to white, and from white to orange. I try to disconnect all devices including battery, wifi card, dvd, hdd, but still same problem. When I remove RAM Capslock goes to blink. Please can someone help me?
    Last edited by Honziq; 05-23-2014, 12:26 PM.

Re: HP 620 does not turn on

Is it an AMD processor model? If so, first try reprogramming the BIOS. If it still doesn't work, the Northbridge requires reballing. Common issue with HP 620 and 625.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      Is it an AMD processor model? If so, first try reprogramming the BIOS. If it still doesn't work, the Northbridge requires reballing. Common issue with HP 620 and 625.
      This is an Intel celeron model.
      How I can reprogram Bios?

Comment

And what is the nec tokin chip under the cpu?

Comment

try to reset bios, there is a bios jumper behind memory socket.

Comment

I try to reflow them, but nothing has changed.

Comment

It could be many things causing this issue, go with simple procedure first like flashing the BIOS rom . In this model Video is managed by North Bridge chipset - if Power 'ON' OK but NO picture its either bios or North Bridge, good luck

Comment

in most times the pblm is the processor try to change it

Comment

You need to check s5,s4,s3 voltages,run power..SIO voltages/signals...It's NOT always about BIOS and GMC...In intel mobos the led wouldn't light at all, when BIOS is corrupted/damaged...
                  Last edited by loser18; 05-24-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbsss View Post
                    in most times the pblm is the processor try to change it
                    Thanks, i buy new one and try it.

Comment

Originally posted by loser18 View Post
                      You need to check s5,s4,s3 voltages,run power..SIO voltages/signals...It's NOT always about BIOS and GMC...In intel mobos the led wouldn't light at all, when BIOS is corrupted/damaged...
                      Thanks, and do you have schematic? Please. I cant find it.

Comment

You need to look for mobo manufacturer part number eg if it's quanta it would be like DA00XXXXXX...give me that number and I'll find schematics for you...

Comment

Working...
                        X