BIOS Corrupted LENOVO Ideapad 330S-15ARR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS Corrupted LENOVO Ideapad 330S-15ARR

Hello everyone I own a laptop Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR with Ryzen 5 CPU in which the Bios has been corrupted.

At power up nothing starts, nothing on the screen, only the fans turn on and only the power led remains on, NOVO button doesn't work.

So documenting myself on the internet I realized that it is corrupted Bios and needs to be reflashed. Reading on the web I learned about a procedure through to a USB stick formatted in FAT32 and extracting the .fd file (or something like that) from the .exe file on the official website, after that you have to boot the laptop with the usb stick inserted and with the combination of "Fn + R" keys.

Does anyone know anything about this ? I'm asking to you because on the web there are only very old pseudo guides related to other models.

Sorry if I posted the discussion in the wrong section and thanks in advance.

hi it looks like you have the same problem that i just solved thank's to this forum.
    you'll need to flash your bios (do a backup first !)
    I used a little programer CH341A quite cheap a little googling to download free software hex editor Hxd
    some video frome youtube for exemple : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE_dH5M6CNo

good informations frome here :

"08-01-2021, 10:20 AM
    Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 330S-15ARR - 330S_ARR_V06

Originally posted by junkfoodcafe View Post
    Thank you very much.
    Your work is perfect.
    The BIOS is up and running and I was able to activate the OS.

Thank you very much.

I would like to learn more about BIOS information migration.
    I would like to be able to do the migration myself.
    I would like to be able to do it myself.
    If it's too difficult to teach, can you tell me a site or thread that would be helpful?

This is because there are not many sites in Japanese that can help me.
    you need the HxD program (you can find it for free on the internet), enter the original bios of the laptop and the bios extracted from the update on the site in the program, click on the original bios, top left "search", "find", in the top box "lenovo "(search for lenovo), in the box below it remains (text-string) and check 'all' and press ok ... The DMI information is in the region 1EE000 - 1EE22F, so the length of 230, select this region by left click on mouse and going down, then right click and copy. Now click on the bios extracted from the update and search for the same region in this bios (go directly to 1EE000), select the same region (1EE000 - 1EE22F), right click on the mouse and (paste insert). ready with DMI information. For (key windows) the same procedure but the region is 330250 - 330280 so length 40 ..

I hope this helps .."

and now evrything works again !!!
    good luck

Comment

Working...
    X