Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
    Who suggested you to inject 8V? I advised to inject 1V
    i only had a 9v battery so i used that , i dont have a voltage injection.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post

The main issue here right now is that you did not read what was repeatedly advised and even worse you formed wrong conclusions caused by lack of experience. Example: A quick look at the actual physical location of Pin17 would have clarified instantly that it is tied to Pin16 by design. And from where the hell originated the idea to inject 8V into a power rail which is supposed to run with 3.3V max?

Now you likely don't deal with only a dead EC but also with a lot more dead components..
      im using an 18723-1 schematic it about same as mine which is 19752-1 but the chips on there are the same on both motherboards. i think the ec was dead and is the short ? laptop no power no led dead , is ec fault ?

Comment

the ec is heating up quick, i didnt inject into the pin 17ldo because i have 8v , but injecting into capacitor is safe ?

Comment

i inject it into the capactiroe on the 3d3v_s5 line circuit, and ec is heating up real quick

Comment

I think with 8V injected on a 3.3V rail, the mb is very likely beyond repair . Not only EC, PCH is also likely fried.

Comment

Originally posted by adin View Post

i only had a 9v battery so i used that , i dont have a voltage injection.
              When you don't have the right tools amd not able to follow clear advise, you can't approach such a repair attempt successfully. Now you have very likely fried a board which was repairable before and now is probably not anymore. Hopefully it is not a customer from you who has now to deal with the consequences.

Share resistance to GND of 3D3V_S5 please.
              FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

its my own board , the cpu core inductore were already shorted, is sio and cpu short on same circuit?

Comment

Cpu core inductors resistance to GND will show very low values like 3-6 ohms and its normal. It seems you are making conclusions in a haphazard manner without grasping the technicalities involved-perhaps 'coz of lack of experience.That's why i dont like the idea of a non technical person attempting a sophisticated repair and blowing things away.Its always better to seek help from an expert in the field and most often it turns out cheaper then the expensive damage.

What i've stated is a general observation and in no way under estimates your capability (honestly i dont even know about your technical understandings).

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post

When you don't have the right tools amd not able to follow clear advise, you can't approach such a repair attempt successfully. Now you have very likely fried a board which was repairable before and now is probably not anymore. Hopefully it is not a customer from you who has now to deal with the consequences.

Share resistance to GND of 3D3V_S5 please.
                    3d3v_S5 is reading 4.5ohm on resistor near EC

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                      Cpu core inductors resistance to GND will show very low values like 3-6 ohms and its normal. It seems you are making conclusions in a haphazard manner without grasping the technicalities involved-perhaps 'coz of lack of experience.That's why i dont like the idea of a non technical person attempting a sophisticated repair and blowing things away.Its always better to seek help from an expert in the field and most often it turns out cheaper then the expensive damage.

What i've stated is a general observation and in no way under estimates your capability (honestly i dont even know about your technical understandings).
                      continuity shows the row of inductors are short ? or is this normal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	inductors.png
Views:	43
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	3217557

Comment

Originally posted by adin View Post

continuity shows the row of inductors are short ? or is this normal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	inductors.png
Views:	43
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	3217557
                        You cant check cpu coils on diode mode.It'll always buzz. Set your meter to ohms lowest scale(say 200),short your meter probe,note the resistance between probes and then put black probe to GND,red on coil. What's the reading on coil and reading when you shorted the probes.
                        As stated earlier, cpu coils will show very low resistance and thats normal.

Comment

so do i have a short to ground on the 3d3v_s5 ? or is it IC EC

Comment

Working...
                          X