Samsung SF-310 blinking power adapter led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SF-310 blinking power adapter led

I have this samsung sf-310 when plug in the led on the power adapter blink. I have fixed acer series before but this particular one seen hard to pin point. Adapter is a working one tested on another samsung. anyone familar with this model?

Re: Samsung SF-310 blinking power adapter led

well in my personal experience with Samsung laptops they eat ram like crazy.....swap ram and it should power on....but most likely you probably already did that......

Comment

it not any ram issue it a faulty similar to several acer with shorted caps etc. but this model issue is I can pin point to which one

Comment

do you read short with dmm at the dc jack?

Comment

Originally posted by Thedead View Post
          I have this samsung sf-310 when plug in the led on the power adapter blink. I have fixed acer series before but this particular one seen hard to pin point. Adapter is a working one tested on another samsung. anyone familar with this model?
          How do you fixed the Acer series laptops?.
          It should be work with this Samsung, too.
          Have you a regulated power supply? (one for the use in a electronic laboratory, I mean)

Comment

acer are mostly caused by those ceramic caps. which normally get very hot at those caps but this one including the SMSC chip get hot too, the area where the internal battery pack is connected to get hot.

Comment

just to add when i removed one of the MOSFET marked 4435GM on it. the blinking stop. when I replace a similar specs MOSFET it start blinking again.

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                do you read short with dmm at the dc jack?
                what u mean?

Comment

what u mean?
                  are you getting high resistance reading at negative and positive pole at the dc jack on motherboard?

Comment

and i hope you tried different known good ram on this because these sammy laptops for some reason kills ram, i replace ram on quite a few and they always have powered on after ram replacement and it would not power on before ram replacement it is a weird symptom compared to other laptops...these sammy laptops are little bit different animal compared to most laptops...

but there is a chance this may be a different issue...not saying that it's not a ram issue and very possible there is something wrong with the motherboard...

Comment

just to add when i removed one of the MOSFET marked 4435GM on it. the blinking stop. when I replace a similar specs MOSFET it start blinking again.
                      is there anything reading short on motherboard? or reading open? most mosfet in my experience will read either open or short from source and drain pins when tested... but there is a way to do charge and discharge test on them as well....and the best way to test is taking it off the board and do bench test.... but most of time open or short reading is what you will get when it's not working....between "source and drain"

also you can do live test but must have super steady hands because if you slip you can make a bigger problem....
                      Last edited by heavymachines; 01-26-2013, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X