No sound, USB, or webcam on Satellite L505D-LS5006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No sound, USB, or webcam on Satellite L505D-LS5006

Bridged with a tiny blob of solder and everything works like it should now. I'm keeping mine, but I bet a tidal of wave of "refurbished" Satellites are going to flood Ebay now. :P

Comment

Can anyone please tell me how or what kind of resistor L4519 is? I opened up my laptop and that one and the one next to it that's even smaller is gone. If I bridge the gap with solder won't that screw something up? Where did you guys get the part to fix this? Desperate for help here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
        Bridged with a tiny blob of solder and everything works like it should now. I'm keeping mine, but I bet a tidal of wave of "refurbished" Satellites are going to flood Ebay now. :P
        I am missing the resistor, did you just solder one that was loose with a blob of solder? Or did you just bridge the gap where the chip is missing?

Comment

i solved the problem by changing the l4519 cap ....THANKS TO ALL.

Comment

L4519 is not resistor nor capacitor... it`s tiny inductor, which provides part of the power for southbridge...Seems like regular problem on l505 models. Solder usually cracks due to hard pressing of touchpad buttons and need resoldering...if it`s missing you can put jumper but it`s always good thing to put proper part

Comment

Originally posted by Lubrim View Post
              people, people, people... redirect all forums to this post as i will update the information as i solve PART(i will explaine what PART means) of this issue.

my history... graduated in 2004 with a bs in network infrastructure support...
              works for HARRIS CORP.

my lap top:

model: Toshiba Satellite L505D-LS5006
              model year: 2008
              original OS install: Vista
              platform: 64bit AMD

ok first off i have discovered two issues exist, and they are being merged as one issue.

issue one: south bride mechanical failuer, results due to the shitty air management for the level of operation heat, the south bridge literaly melts itself.

defined by: one day your usb and sound does not work.

issuew two: software.

defined by: you changed your operatiing system, now your sound, usb ports, sata port, and web cam do not work.

proof: i upgraded my laptop from a 320gig hard drive, to a samsung 500g solid state drive, and upgraded the operating system from Vista ultimate 64bit to w7 home premium 64bit.

with the samsung 500g hardrive with w7 installed in the comeputer, my usb. sata, sound, and web cam do not work.

i take that hard drive out right now and put the mfg's (toshiba) hardrive in: 320 gig hard drive vista, everything works fine in the laptop.

so now i ask you. did you change your OS? or did your shit just stop working.

i can not help you if your s-bridge is broke as that is not my issue.

now i can help you IF you changed your OS.

when you change the OS to Windows 7, w7's default applications and drivers do a great job with everything except w7 does not install the product software or drivers dealing with the web cam, the usb, and the sata, but it does install the wrong information for the sound. this is why under management tools you see the yellow icon for sound and nothing else.

to fix this issue you must go to the mfgr web page of the usb sata sound and webcam. "NOT TOSHIBA" toshiba provides drivers not install software.

lets start with the sound:
              go to Realtek web page using this link...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/...&GetDown=false

...and follow Realtek's software installation directions. then update drivers for this device.

i do not have the webcam and usb and sata solution yet. when i figure it out i will respond, but i hope this is enough direction to point most in a good direction.

webcam:?

i believe usb and sata is a moterboard software issue, i will go to the motherboard mfgr and see if anything helps.

usb: ?

sata: ?

good luck people,
              ~Lubrim
              Hi lubrim; sorry to Hijack this thread but couldn't go by without asking about this TG862 router from Comcast you say;you work for HARRIS CORP.!Do you mean Router Harris? if so can you help me on this,if not disregard my post.

Why my Linux machines don't get wireless WiFi from Harris TG862 only through Ethernet cable,i had to connect another router of mine connected to TG862 in order to receive wireless signal but out of the 30Mbps i only receive 4Mbps.Thanks have a Merry Christmas

Comment

Does anybody have a digikey part number for component L4519?

Comment

it is inductor part no. BLM11A221S
                  here you go:
                  http://www.digipart.com/part/BLM18AG221SN1D

Comment

Thank You!!

Comment

Working...
                    X