Toshiba A200 freeze while plug to AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba A200 freeze while plug to AC

need help on Toshiba A200 freeze/won't power-on while plug to AC, but fine while use battery.

Things i do:

-replace RAM
    -reinstall System
    -replace HDD

But all Fail! what i need to do now?

Plzzz give me a hint...

Thanks u...

Re: Toshiba A200 freeze while plug to AC

My Toshiba adapter did eventually die, could be your adapter is dying.
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
      My Toshiba adapter did eventually die, could be your adapter is dying.
      Thanks for reply

but i have tried new adapters, even the higher Ampere adapter.

i googling n found that, a lot of same problem as mine on Toshiba "AXXX" series. but still no cure...

Comment

I have no such problem. It runs very well. Can you please show me the picture of the type of adapters you are trying? I hope it's not those cheap ones off eBay.

Before my old (original) adapter died, I started getting BSODs in Vista.

Another thought occurs to me, when you are in battery mode, your Intel Wireless switches to Power Saving Mode... There are versions of the Intel Wireless drivers that crash Windows, so it could be that is is happening during CAM (Constantly Aware Mode). Try updating both your Windows INF drivers (Infinst - make sure to get the latest version) and the latest Intel wireless drivers.
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
          I have no such problem. It runs very well. Can you please show me the picture of the type of adapters you are trying? I hope it's not those cheap ones off eBay.

Before my old (original) adapter died, I started getting BSODs in Vista.

Another thought occurs to me, when you are in battery mode, your Intel Wireless switches to Power Saving Mode... There are versions of the Intel Wireless drivers that crash Windows, so it could be that is is happening during CAM (Constantly Aware Mode). Try updating both your Windows INF drivers (Infinst - make sure to get the latest version) and the latest Intel wireless drivers.
          Thanks u...

it's not a cheap one... bought from the toshiba store. n i have tried the old one on other toshiba, it work fine.

i search n found that they said something wrong with the "NEC/TOKIN 0E128" Capacitor.

then ok! i disassembled my lapie...found the NEC/TOKIN, then i measure the cap... it is 1200uF++ (nothing wrong)...

Comment

I had a customer with one of these a couple of years ago, all I could suggest at the time was to use it without the battery, motherboard replacement would not have been worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by seanc View Post
              I had a customer with one of these a couple of years ago, all I could suggest at the time was to use it without the battery, motherboard replacement would not have been worthwhile.

it can charge abnormally to battery (can charge about 30% n it stop, even a new batt)
              it can be use normally with battery, when plug to AC the windows freeze.
              if i plug from the beginning... it will turn on n then turn off again (only the led lid n off again).

Thanks

Comment

What does it do with the charger plugged in, without the battery?

Comment

Originally posted by seanc View Post
                  What does it do with the charger plugged in, without the battery?
                  Can turn on, only on for 3sec (like normal on, fan, hdd read led) then off again

Comment

I have a Toshiba A205, and if I try to run it without the battery it boots to just a cursor. I don't remember if the BIOS screen appears first.

I don't know why your battery charges only to 30%, but maybe you need to recalibrate the charging (Control Panel entry).

Have you tried IrisVista.com, a website that specializes in Toshibas? There's also NoteBookReview.com, for notebook computers in general.

Comment

Originally posted by larrymoencurly View Post
                      I have a Toshiba A205, and if I try to run it without the battery it boots to just a cursor. I don't remember if the BIOS screen appears first.

I don't know why your battery charges only to 30%, but maybe you need to recalibrate the charging (Control Panel entry).

Have you tried IrisVista.com, a website that specializes in Toshibas? There's also NoteBookReview.com, for notebook computers in general.
                      WOW! thanks...i will check the site

Comment

OK! problem solved... i just need to re-soldering the "Maxim IC" (48pin) near the vga-out Line. n everthing work fine now...

Comment

Originally posted by Ch1p4@ll View Post
                          OK! problem solved... i just need to re-soldering the "Maxim IC" (48pin) near the vga-out Line. n everthing work fine now...

Hi Ch1p4@ll

I need to know how do you know that IC is the problem???? How do you know that the problem is not the Nec/Tokin???? I have an A205-5804 with the same issue, I order a caps 330UF to replace the Nec Tokin, but Now u make me thinkikng if is the nec/tokin or the Maxim IC. Re-solder the IC is most easy than replace the nec tokin with 330UF caps??????????

Please let me know if u can help me with this issue with any comment, suggestion, Thanks

Comment

Well the Maxim IC would be a great place to start as it would likely regulate the voltage for the charging circuit.
                            Last edited by infringer; 07-26-2011, 07:52 PM.
                            Please note: I am not responsible for any harm caused to you anything discussed is just discussion. Before you try anything discussed be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge and safety gear for the job. Like with anything education and safety are first! Do not try anything @ home without it.

Comment

I have same problem with toshiba L300 ,what does the Maxim IC" (48pin) look like and how to measure the NEC/Tokin with multimeter?
                              I also get a hissing/buzzing sound when I plug in the charger.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fabiog View Post
                                I have same problem with toshiba L300 ,what does the Maxim IC" (48pin) look like and how to measure the NEC/Tokin with multimeter?
                                I also get a hissing/buzzing sound when I plug in the charger.
                                Thanks.
                                it's come from the nec/tokin... try to change the caps with 4x330uF smd...

Comment

i agreed with ferryvanhot i have the same problem and the same solution to the nec tokin..and it works fine..but in my case only 3x 330uf /2.5v smd i used ..cause the nec tokin is 900uf / 2.5v only so i just try it that way..and it works fine..

Comment

Originally posted by raizenn27 View Post
                                    i agreed with ferryvanhot i have the same problem and the same solution to the nec tokin..and it works fine..but in my case only 3x 330uf /2.5v smd i used ..cause the nec tokin is 900uf / 2.5v only so i just try it that way..and it works fine..
                                    Did you only solder the 3 caps (2 on one side and 1 on the other?) I thought you needed at least two on each side.

Comment

i used 4X330uf and works good so far.. check first the positive before putting caps..

Comment

yes 2 on the other side and 1 on the other..,i also encounter a toshiba w/ poadlizer cap on it but the name is not nec tokin.,its only the capacitance value and voltage..,and i do the same like i did with the nec tokin caps and its working...

Comment

Working...
                                        X