macbook pro a1989 T2 activition error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macbook pro a1989 T2 activition error

Hi, I have this macbook with MDM. so i removed T2 and change s/n, and put it back. now it stuck at "there was an error activating your device. please try again" can someone please help. thanks

MDM removal activation locked error requires a serial that is recognized by Apples Servers. You can't just randomly remove a serial and just hope it works.
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Also to add, if you do a proper serial and it is still giving errors, chances are it is actually activation locked to that serial, the T2 chip requires the serial to match the T2 chip with apple servers. If it was a true MDM lock the T2 chip never gets activated on the server. But if it is a normal user the T2 chip is locked assigned to the server with the serial off the rom chip. So it's a double edged sword. MDM locks need to be verified before you attempt to remove them. You can determine if the MDM is locked or is an activation lock. Paper weight for that board basically.
      sigpic
      MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

you can skip MDM, take a look on github ...
        Attached Files
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

OK, so here is the thing now. I have 2 A1989 came in, one with MDM. one with activation lock. when i post last time, i was working on the MDM one. i try SKIPMDM.COM and somehow it didn't work. so i remove the small chip (not the acture T2), and change s/n( i change to some other model's s/n, not the same model from another a1989. it have activation error. so i change again with a very old s/n, still no luck. so i post request here. and i was a bit upset, so i change the s/n back to the original one. this time the MDM dispeared. everything working find now.

yesterday, i start working on the second a1989 with activation lock.
          1: i change the s/n same as the one with mdm, it didn't work, showing activation error again. i was suprised. because that s/n is find, without activation lock. it was just mdm, and removed.
          2: so i copy whole bin file from the mdm machine, same. activation error.
          3: i write the original bin file with activation lock back, but change another none a1989 s/n, same, activation error
          4: write whole mdm machine bin file but change s/n to none a1989 model. same, activation error.
          so i'm stucked now. i was thinking using checkm8 to do that. do you guys have any suggestion?
          thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ansen43 View Post
            OK, so here is the thing now. I have 2 A1989 came in, one with MDM. one with activation lock. when i post last time, i was working on the MDM one. i try SKIPMDM.COM and somehow it didn't work. so i remove the small chip (not the acture T2), and change s/n( i change to some other model's s/n, not the same model from another a1989. it have activation error. so i change again with a very old s/n, still no luck. so i post request here. and i was a bit upset, so i change the s/n back to the original one. this time the MDM dispeared. everything working find now.

yesterday, i start working on the second a1989 with activation lock.
            1: i change the s/n same as the one with mdm, it didn't work, showing activation error again. i was suprised. because that s/n is find, without activation lock. it was just mdm, and removed.
            2: so i copy whole bin file from the mdm machine, same. activation error.
            3: i write the original bin file with activation lock back, but change another none a1989 s/n, same, activation error
            4: write whole mdm machine bin file but change s/n to none a1989 model. same, activation error.
            so i'm stucked now. i was thinking using checkm8 to do that. do you guys have any suggestion?
            thanks.
            When you change an activatiion-locked T2 Mac Serial, the Mac won't be able to pass the activation check. This is why you will always get activation error. You need to put back the original file (with sn) and you activation process will proceed to the next step (where it asks for Icloud details).
            Also, you cannot remove activation lock by swapping SN (with clean SN). It could only be removed from the Apple server or if you can manage to swap T2 chip (from an unlocked board).

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Also to add, if you do a proper serial and it is still giving errors, chances are it is actually activation locked to that serial, the T2 chip requires the serial to match the T2 chip with apple servers. If it was a true MDM lock the T2 chip never gets activated on the server. But if it is a normal user the T2 chip is locked assigned to the server with the serial off the rom chip. So it's a double edged sword. MDM locks need to be verified before you attempt to remove them. You can determine if the MDM is locked or is an activation lock. Paper weight for that board basically.
              Hello mate, have you tried MDM removal on the latest BridgeOS? It seems they now lock the system to the new serial (if it's already tied to an iCloud account).

Comment

Working...
              X