Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hp envy x360 2021 model Freezes on hp logo won't do anything !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp envy x360 2021 model Freezes on hp logo won't do anything !

Hello guys ok got a newer hp envy x360 15 -ey0013dx laptop ryzen 5 Amd video.. but will not boot into any windows usb installer, tried diff known good m2 ssd from another hp amd device.. tried taking its ssd and putting it into another hp laptop and installed windows fine ( didn't let it reboot the first time so I can use it ) that didn't work.. flashed latest bios through usb.. first it said flashing boot block that completed..then recovering bios , then flashing bios and TPM.. is that normal bios procedure ? but anyhow even after that still same issue.. stuck on hp logo ...then would either BSOD or reboots.. I've never had an issue like this. I've also disabled secure boot and reset to defaults.. all the options...nada.. I'm stumped !

Re: Hp envy x360 2021 model Freezes on hp logo won't do anything !

Hi
    Have you checked Ram and ramslot also

Comment

Originally posted by mielta View Post
      Hi
      Have you checked Ram and ramslot also

tried one ram tried swapping same issue, IF ram was bad would it even get into bios?

Just tried a new 8gb ram and does the same thing..

so I think it's either bios or board right guys?
      Last edited by irepair559; 11-17-2023, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Agreed.

Turn off all boot devices in bios. Save and reboot. Does it boot ok now?

Try bios safe defaults as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
          Agreed.

Turn off all boot devices in bios. Save and reboot. Does it boot ok now?

Try bios safe defaults as well.
          Tried every possible option.. Just will not boot or go go past the hp logo .. I've installed windows prob over 1000 times.. I'm familiar with the new EUFi systems and secure boot and all.. but this laptop is just weird.. what controls the boot process other than the bios chip? I have a feeling the culprit is the GPU / CPU or other chip on the board
          Last edited by irepair559; 11-18-2023, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Try Linux Live system and tell more about the BSOD (picture). But yeah, sounds pretty much like BGA failure
            FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
              Try Linux Live system and tell more about the BSOD (picture). But yeah, sounds pretty much like BGA failure

Tried hires boot usb..says loading goes through the bar and then nothing.. seems like anything it tires to laod just freezes and fails. Either BSOD or black screen.. I just thought maybe it's bios ? Why don't I have the option for legacy support ? Just says secure /disable and enable..

Comment

Use the HP Cloud Recovery tool to create a factory image for the machine. If that fails to install, then you have a hardware issue on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post

Use the HP Cloud Recovery tool to create a factory image for the machine. If that fails to install, then you have a hardware issue on the board.
                  tried that and same thing.. will not boot just stuck on hp logo..

Comment

Hello, I don't know the last time the laptop was serviced... so I will suggest that the laptop be taken apart and the motherboard checked for any form of spillage, corrosion or dirt between components an also check usb ports to verify all contact pins are in place...

Comment

Sounds to me like BIOS corruption, reprogram it with a CH341 programmer - worth the effort

Comment

mostly logo stuck faults comes from Bios u have to write the original bios first it will definately work and even after that the problem presist so u should go for SIO

Comment

• irepair559
                          irepair559 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I flashed via USB latest bios still same issue? Should I take off chip and use my bios programmer to write new bios dump? Where to get the bios file from ? Here is the SN and Model number

Comment

• ssrkh
                          ssrkh commented
                          Editing a comment
                          man this is not the number there is a number on the mother board of this laptop

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thre...utility?page=3

Your chip might be bad so the programmer will tell you. I've had this happen to me, had to order new bios chips and replace it. When removed, make sure you backup your current bios before erasing and burning the chip. It is when you will have erased the chip and have reburnt it, you do a verify this is where you will find out if your chip is good. BUT, burning a corrupted BIOS back on the chip won't solve the problem however.

If you search around with google, you will find someone to show you how to take the original HP bios and prepare it for buring keeping your laptop specifice info. Then burn that version onto your chip.

Last edited by piernov; 11-29-2023, 10:43 AM.

Comment

ok finally got the New compatible IC and flashed the bin you guys gave me.. Same exact issue as the old ic.. Will not boot from any usb..gets stuck on hp logo or reboots.. if it was bad ram itwont even go to bios right? Can it be bad bios bin I got ? or Another component on the board? Tried diff ram and ssd and disconnected everything and still same issue ?

Comment

Working...
                          X