This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Rog Strix G513 Display no image

Hi! I have a problem with my laptop Asus Rog G513 RC .The laptop have no image on display only on HDMI tv/extern monitor.I replace the display with a new display ,reset the graphics cards drivers,disconnected the Ram,Display cable battery ,motherboard,update the bios to a older version and nothing works so far.I didn t find the battery to reset the bios.
    The laptop have 2 graphics cards. A internal one from CPU Ryzen 7 6800u and dedicated Nvidia RTX 3050.
    Last edited by JhonnyF92; 10-14-2023, 03:40 AM.
  • Answer selected by JhonnyF92 at 01-16-2024, 12:44 PM.

Re: Asus Rog Strix G513 Display no image

Originally posted by flolic View Post
    Just replace fu*king eDP cable!
    After fighting with this laptop for the whole day testing every component around eDP connector and finding nothing, I tested cable for the continuity. And yes, some lines are missing.
    In my particular case, 8 (!) wires are broken, 5 completely and 3 are held in place by isolation only.
    I just wait for the new cable.

Comment

You need to measure the edp connector pins for voltage. Be very careful not to short between pins while measuring. Best to measure on components nearby. Link schematic/bdv here.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I don t have the schematic and i don t find the model of the motherboard write on it. I have found only some QR code on the motherboard.

Comment

First QR code :APT25MC0111,N520NRKD000LFFMB,G513RC,60NR08A0-MB2033,200,581122DE4EFB
          Second QR code:13NR0850AM0301222K01lS000000Y6043B0356002 A01 0YYA
          Attached Files

Comment

I have found the board model
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
              You need to measure the edp connector pins for voltage. Be very careful not to short between pins while measuring. Best to measure on components nearby. Link schematic/bdv here.
              I measure the edp connector without the display cable and have 20V and 3.5V.
              When i measure the edp connector with the display cable plug in, i have 20V and 3.5V but the 3.5 is not constant. Some time have 3.5 V after don t have 3.5 and after a few seconds have again 3.5V. I think maybe the display cable is the problem and don t give signal to display.

Comment

I have similar laptop model and I get black and sometimes white screen, I think it's either the display or the cable for you as well, best bet would be maybe o try with a new cable. I'm thinking to do the same

Comment

Originally posted by sgcampion View Post
                  I have similar laptop model and I get black and sometimes white screen, I think it's either the display or the cable for you as well, best bet would be maybe o try with a new cable. I'm thinking to do the same
                  I have tested already a new display and is not working.I will buy a new cable and test again.

Comment

Do you have any update on this repair. I'm curious to know if the new display cable solved the issue you are having.

Comment

Originally posted by reworkrepair View Post
                      Do you have any update on this repair. I'm curious to know if the new display cable solved the issue you are having.
                      After fighting with this laptop for the whole day testing every component around eDP connector and finding nothing, I tested cable for the continuity. And yes, some lines are missing.
                      In my particular case, 8 (!) wires are broken, 5 completely and 3 are held in place by isolation only.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have a G513QR with no display, but will output to a monitor via hdmi with no issues. Tested all around and everything seems okay. Will try as you advised and post back.

Comment

Just reconnected wires for the test and is working ok
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by reworkrepair View Post
                            I have order a new cable from China. Now i wait.

Comment

I just wait for the new cable.

Comment

I just got the new cable. I tested and nothing change.I try with another display and the new cable the same result.I have done some reserch and the integrated video card is connected to Hdmi port and the dedicated video card is connected to Usb C port .I will buy a new cable Usb C - Hdmi to test the integrated graphic card. I noticed every time when i start the laptop he needs 45 second to power to the windows logo.When i press the power button the keyboard light on but the fan don t start afterf 20 seconds the fan starts.

Comment

On the EDP connector you need to have 1x20V and 2x3.3V

Comment

I measured the EDP connector and 2X20V and 3x3.5V with the AC charger plug in.There are 2 pin for 20V and 3 pin for 3.5V. I measure the EDP only with battery plug in and have 2x15V and 3x3.5V.I noticed when i connect the laptop to external monitor and chnge main screen to laptop screen.The external monitor turn off and the laptop display give some backlight but no image. I think the latop give signal to display. I need to check the display but for the moment i dont have one.

Comment

Update:
                                      Today i get the same laptop only the screen is biger 17". I tested the display from my laptop to 17" model . My display with the cable are working on the other laptop, I tested the 17" screen on my laptop the same result like my 15.6" display. i think my problem is from motherboard. Now i konow for sure that my display and cable are good.

Comment

I need bios Asus Rog 6050a3348202 MB A02. Please help me. Thank you everyone

Comment

Wrong forum. Post the same request inside the dedicated bios forum. See above.

Comment

Working...
                                          X