Dell Inspiron 3520 rsmrst missing Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 3520 rsmrst missing Help

I have this Problem with Dell Inspiron 3520 40_DV15 MLK MB 11280 mother board,
    I couldn't found board view for this board I have similar schematic currently board not turning on.

+RTC_VCC is ok

RTC_RST# 2.5V on q2102 drain pin, in this mosfet gate RTCRST_ON_ showing 0V also kbc RTCRST_ON is 0V

SRTC_RST# also 2.5V

3D3V_AUX_S5 is precent
    S5_ENABLE is ok
    5V_S5 is ok
    3D3V_S5 is ok
    Ac in# is 0V
    +5VA_PCH_VCC5REFSUS i don't know where to check

PM_RSMRST# No voltage
    AC_PRESENT No voltage
    KBC_PWRBTN# is 0.6V and when i press the switch it go to 0 and rice up.

I replaced bios bin form working same kind of board but no change. and no short anywhere in the board. also when i connected to power suply no change in amps 0.00amp showing in power supply. please anyone can help me to fix this board

thank you

Re: Dell Inspiron 3520 rsmrst missing Help

First, test the PSL_IN2 KBC pin 93, 73, and 74 supply
    Then, test the BQ24707ARGRR pin 5 and 6 supply
    Last edited by Techtiger; 10-05-2023, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techtiger View Post
      First, test the PSL_IN2 KBC pin 93, 73, and 74 supply
      Then, test the BQ24707ARGRR pin 5 and 6 supply
      thank you so much for yor attention those pin voltages below. please help me.

PSL_IN2 KBC pin 93 - 0.6V present
      KBC pin 73 PSL_IN1 - 0V (AC_IN# -0V)
      KBC pin 74 PSL_OUT -0V
      BQ24707ARGRR pin5, ACOK#- 0V
      BQ24707ARGRR pin6, ACDET - 1.7V

Comment

I do not work on boards from this generation, but the missing voltage at PSL_IN1 might lead to a issue with either PQ4002 or PQ4006 (and perform a resistance to GND check.of PSL_IN1 ofc).

For PSL_IN2 I would not expect voltage there when we take into account where in the sequence the board is Stuck.

0V at ACOK# should be okay, since it is a logic low. 1.7V at ACDET sounds a bit low, but might be okay for this Controller.

I don't fully get how the PSL circuit works, but I strongly assume without bot PSL_IN present you cannot expect PSL_OUT.

Just a few hints.

Regards
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Exact schematic for this board is perhaps not available.Q2703 is perhaps the PSL mosfet. Its a P channel mosfet,so gate voltage should be low for it to pass voltage from source(3D3V_AUX_S5) to Drain(3D3V_AUX_KBC). The part is DMP2130L. If its indeed Q2703 on your board, then try replacing it. If you dont have one in hand, then remove Q2703 and put a jumper between Source to Drain and see if mb works. You cant leave the board this way as battery will drain out fast-so ultimately part needs replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
            Exact schematic for this board is perhaps not available.Q2703 is perhaps the PSL mosfet. Its a P channel mosfet,so gate voltage should be low for it to pass voltage from source(3D3V_AUX_S5) to Drain(3D3V_AUX_KBC). The part is DMP2130L. If its indeed Q2703 on your board, then try replacing it. If you dont have one in hand, then remove Q2703 and put a jumper between Source to Drain and see if mb works. You cant leave the board this way as battery will drain out fast-so ultimately part needs replacement.
            3D3V_AUX_KBC generating properly 3.3V

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
              I do not work on boards from this generation, but the missing voltage at PSL_IN1 might lead to a issue with either PQ4002 or PQ4006 (and perform a resistance to GND check.of PSL_IN1 ofc).

For PSL_IN2 I would not expect voltage there when we take into account where in the sequence the board is Stuck.

0V at ACOK# should be okay, since it is a logic low. 1.7V at ACDET sounds a bit low, but might be okay for this Controller.

I don't fully get how the PSL circuit works, but I strongly assume without bot PSL_IN present you cannot expect PSL_OUT.

Just a few hints.

Regards
              PQ4002 not in this board ,
              pq4006 Source pn is ground
              D pin powe charger Ac ok present - 1.5V
              gate pin AC_IN# is oV this gate directly connected to the KBC pin 73 (PSL_IN1)

this board is killing me

Comment

PQ4006 open drain MOSFET: When the gate is at negative 0V, the drain will also be negative,PR4019 pin 2 It will be negative,AC OK present The voltage of 1.5V seems to be incorrect or PR4019 is not working properly, what voltage you get PU4002 Gate ?

Comment

PQ4006 open drain MOSFET: When the gate is at negative 0V, the drain will also be negative,PR4019 pin 2 It will be negative,AC OK present The voltage of 1.5V seems to be incorrect or PR4019 is not working properly, what voltage you get PU4002 Gate ?
                  PU4002 Gate valtage is - 1.4V
                  I chaneged PR4019 from same donor board
                  I also changed PQ4006
                  I reprograme bios again
                  also I changed q2703 and q2701 but the problem is same
                  also I grounded PR4019 pin 2 manually but nothing changed,
                  I don't think PQ4006 open drain MOSFET because I injected gate pin 3V then source pin become 0V but the problem still same,

I feel like probelm with q2102 as I mentioned before in this mosfet drain pin RTC_RST# is 2.5 V mosfet gate RTCRST_ON_ showing 0V also kbc RTCRST_ON is 0V, SRTC_RST# also 2.5V is this voltage normal??

I also attached schematic here

[Mod. Edit] Schematic -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...121#post992121

Reminder: rules and organization of this section
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117483
                  Last edited by Vesko356; 10-12-2023, 07:59 AM. Reason: Attached schematic removed and replaced with link.

Comment

when I grounded PR4019 pin 2 manually PU4002 Gate 1.4V valtage rise up to 9V, but in both cases 19V pass to the other side,

in the other hand RTCRST_ON not generating by kbc 120 pin, now I have no idea how to fix this one
                    Last edited by admharsha7777; 10-11-2023, 12:59 AM. Reason: forget to add something

Comment

Originally posted by admharsha7777 View Post
                      when I grounded PR4019 pin 2 manually PU4002 Gate 1.4V valtage rise up to 9V, but in both cases 19V pass to the other side,

in the other hand RTCRST_ON not generating by kbc 120 pin, now I have no idea how to fix this one
                      PU4002 is a P-channel Mosfet. The internal diode will conduct at +19V to switch on the +3/5V LDO, but this doesn't necessarily mean full switching
                      The BQ24707ARGRR internal logic includes a delay. I suggest you test the PU4002 and the Gate line. There should be 2 resistors. If the PU4002 is not in use, trace it back

Comment

Originally posted by admharsha7777 View Post
                        I don't think PQ4006 open drain MOSFET because I injected gate pin 3V then source pin become 0V but the problem still same,
                        The assumption was made based on the schematic I have in my hand. According to this schematic, the source is connected to GND. The schematic you uploaded illegible

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
                          the assumption was made based on the schematic i have in my hand. According to this schematic, the source is connected to gnd. The schematic you uploaded illegible
                          Attached Files

Comment

PU4002 is a P-channel Mosfet. The internal diode will conduct at +19V to switch on the +3/5V LDO, but this doesn't necessarily mean full switching
                            The BQ24707ARGRR internal logic includes a delay. I suggest you test the PU4002 and the Gate line. There should be 2 resistors. If the PU4002 is not in use, trace it back
                            please check the screenshot i marked voltages there
                            Attached Files

Comment

here is power up sequence i marked voltages there. onlr rsmrst missing , I have no idea what to do

Attached Files

Comment

The diagram you're referring to is for 10316-1 with HM65 chipset whereas your mb is 11280-1 with HM76 chipset. A more appropriate diagram in this case is DELL INSPIRON 3420-11282-1. Its available in the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X