X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti - card not initialising #2

Originally posted by benwaterson View Post
    Whoop! Success at last.

Removed the F0 chip, was really slow and careful cleaning the board and the chip to get the pads as flat as possible on both surfaces.

I had been using 0.45mm balls but decided to use 0.35mm this time as there is less chance of them bridging and they seem to be tall enough to clear the small ridge in the centre of the ram chip.

Hand reballed the chip again (I actuallly find it quite enjoyable moving 190 balls gently onto their pads . Gently cleaned the chip with isopropol and smeared a little more flux than I usually would onto the board.

Preheated the board to 120c and then used the Quick 861DW at 440c / 70% speed to finish reflowing the solder. Other difference this time was I gave the chip a little nudge and then nudged it back into place and I think this helped the solder correctly join to the pads on the board this time.

Let the board cool for 25mins and crossed my fingers and plugged it into the test bench.

Fired right up with an image! ran MATS 10mb test, no errors, PASS

Need to stress it in windows a little before I get too hopeful, but altogether the best news I have had so far
    A great question, friend, before all the odyssey you've been through, did the graph detect a black screen? I mean, you didn't have a picture? And after placing the memories, did you have an image on the screen again?

Comment

Re: Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti - card not initialising #2

Just wanted to say thank you for these GPU threads, it's fantastic learning experience to follow through your troubleshooting procedures.

Comment

Working...
      X