Asus ptgd1-la

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus ptgd1-la

A customer of mine just brought me his PC with a blown PS. I verified the PS is bad plus I found a single blown cap on the mobo. It is CE51. It is hard to make out the logo since the color combination is hard to read. It appears to be made by Ltec? Litec? or some thing similar. Anyways the cap is rated at 820uF 6.3vdc

CE52 is also made by the same manufacturer but it is not blown.

Re: Asus ptgd1-la

Can we have a picture of the board? The brand is probably LTEC. The people behind that company are seriously Lacking in Technical Engineering Capabilities In other words, they are unreliable.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Right on c_hegge, I just removed the cap from the board and with closer inspection under the lighted magnifying glass I was able to confirm that it is a LTEC crap. It is rated at 820uF 6.3vdc. Other markings on it are: LMB105, 3D01D.

Comment

LTEC - LMB series - 820uF @ 6.3v - 8x11.5mm - 1250mA ripple - 0.034Ω ESR

http://www.ltec.com.tw/product_e.htm

Photos please. All Ltec caps should be replaced. Probably some OST caps on there too. Any with the score marks on the top are up for consideration.

Toast
        veritas odium parit

Comment

Confirmed that replacing CE51, and CE52 fixes the board. I also found that the power supply had failed, and that one of the memory sticks was also bad.

After I replaced the blown cap and the other of the same type for good measure, I powered up the board, the PS LED would blink ON/OFF but the board would not power up. I then replaced the PS and the board would power up with all the fans running at full speed but still no POST. I next removed all 3 of the 512 MB memory sticks that were installed on the motherboard. I then installed only one memory stick at a time and tried to POST until I was able to identify the bad memory stick. This board turned out to be quite a challenge, but now all is good. Below is a picture of the bad Ltec cap, not the best picture since I have crappy camera that was given to me.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by enduser; 01-22-2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X