TP-LINK TL-GS1016D ver 8.0 burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TP-LINK TL-GS1016D ver 8.0 burn

Hi all, I've been using external 12V PSU for this switch, but mistakenly connected it to 48V. Better do not ask how I'm going to rescue it, will replace both chips (shorted to ground), but both switching controllers were burnt as well.

3.3V controller unreadable, SOT23-6.
    1.1V removed and forgot to note the remaining markings

Anyone with same switch available to check? In a worst case, I'll use 2 step-down modules instead... Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: TP-LINK TL-GS1016D ver 8.0 burn

48v?
    you tried to chain it via POE?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      48v?
      you tried to chain it via POE?
      I said, don't ask I forgot to connect step down 48->12 between battery and devices. Also Synology DS923+ died... That's when one used same connectors on both sides. Not the opposite polarity, but 4x voltage

Comment

i have a 108e if it has the same parts, but probably not because it only needs half the power.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          i have a 108e if it has the same parts, but probably not because it only needs half the power.
          I bought same switch, but Ver.11 and it looks completely different... Whatever, will put an order on Ali to get the ICs, and use some step downs to test. Will be a pain to solder/check that TQFP-216.

At least SPI EEPROM is readable, and there isn't anything else to be broken.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by tahc81; 08-25-2023, 06:49 AM. Reason: image

Comment

Working...
          X