Opening the LG 25UM58-P Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening the LG 25UM58-P Monitor

As per the title, does anyone know how to open the case on this LG widescreen monitor?

It looks like the case splits front to back but I cannot for the life of me get it apart. Starting to think the panel might actually come out from the front once the bezel is removed.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Opening the LG 25UM58-P Monitor

I have worked out how to do this. The panel comes out the front of the case.

2 screws on the underside of the main case allows the lower LG bezel to be pried off. Once this is off I removed the stand and lay the unit on the back.

Then comes the scary part. The panel has a plastic parts on the sides that wrap to the back. The clips are on the back not the sides. I took 2 thin metal spudgers and on the top right corner of the screen put one in between the case and panel on the horizontal and the other on the vertical, as close to the corner as I could and as far in as i could, until they were touching the back of the case.

Then lever the panel up. It makes some horrendous snapping sounds as the clips release. Then work the way round the edge doing the same levering action.

This video helped my understand how the monitor is put together.

https://youtu.be/GZp8Abzbl8o

I needed to add some insulating tape to the board to insulate things and the monitor works like new.

Comment

Re: Opening the LG 25UM58-P Monitor

I too had difficulty in getting the case to disengage from the clips.

My suggestion is to remove the stand, then the two screws which hold the lower front bezel in place. To remove the bezel, start on one end, and pull out about 15mm, then slide a plastic ruler between the screen and the bezel, about 100mm in from the screw and push down (opposite direction to the top of the screen) to release the first tab, then do the same about 60mm from the IR receiver/ on-off button unit in the middle, and push down. This should release the two tabs on the one side, now repeat from the other side. The bezel should now be free.
      To release the screen from the back panel, place the screen face down, on something soft over a firm surface.
      Lift the bottom edge (stand edge) of the casing about 50mm and then push the stand bracket inwards, which, with enough force, should release the clips from the back panel, allowing the screen to be removed from the front. It does take bit of force.

This method avoids the risk of damaging the edge of the screen using pry tools.

Comment

Working...
      X