Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung 930b monitor (need help with problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 930b monitor (need help with problem)

The monitor won't show up anything, the vga cable and power cable are connected and when I turn it on it doesnt do anything, the backlight wont even turn on but the power button light will light up.....

anyone knows what the problem may be? and if you do is it easily fixable by opening up the monitor and fixing it by yrself?

Thanks

Re: Samsung 930b monitor (need help with problem)

Originally posted by madhockeyplaya23
    The monitor won't show up anything, the vga cable and power cable are connected and when I turn it on it doesnt do anything, the backlight wont even turn on but the power button light will light up.....

anyone knows what the problem may be? and if you do is it easily fixable by opening up the monitor and fixing it by yrself?

Thanks
    Define 'easily'. It sounds like a problem with the inverter; possibly a blown fuse or shorted transistor. I'm sure I could fix it (or at least identify the problem - some components might not be readily available).

Whether or not YOU can fix it is another matter. Do you have a DMM? Soldering iron? Camera? Know how to follow directions on using them?

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
      Define 'easily'. It sounds like a problem with the inverter; possibly a blown fuse or shorted transistor. I'm sure I could fix it (or at least identify the problem - some components might not be readily available).

Whether or not YOU can fix it is another matter. Do you have a DMM? Soldering iron? Camera? Know how to follow directions on using them?

PlainBill
      thanks!!
      I looked at the lcd board and it looks like three green capacitors are swollen. but im not sure if that would cause the problem.

I do hav a soldering iron because I fix other electronics like psp's 360's ipods phones and just resoldering wires. But I have never fixed a monitor before.

here are the pictures:

Comment

thanks!!
        I looked at the lcd board and it looks like three green capacitors are swollen. but im not sure if that would cause the problem.

I do hav a soldering iron because I fix other electronics like psp's 360's ipods phones and just resoldering wires. But I have never fixed a monitor before.

here are the pictures:
        Information on posting pictures.

Replace all the caps with low ESR name brand caps. Check the FAQ for acceptable ones and sources.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
          Information on posting pictures.

Replace all the caps with low ESR name brand caps. Check the FAQ for acceptable ones and sources.

PlainBill
          Noob question >< still learning.
          Is it okay to have a more Microfarad capcitor then the orginal one that was bad but have the same amount of Voltage?

Thanks!

Comment

Noob question >< still learning.
            Is it okay to have a more Microfarad capacitor then the orginal one that was bad but have the same amount of Voltage?

Thanks!
            Yes, but don't go overboard. If the original is an odd (read "less likely to be found as a stock line") like 820uF then go for 1000uF. But normally there is no need, and sometimes it will catch you out as the size will increase and it won't fit in the original space.

The main things are:
            • 105C, low ESR, quality brand/series
            • no lesser voltage rating
            • no lesser capacitance
            • check dimensions
            Friends don't let friends buy Samsung ....

Comment

Originally posted by pedro
              Yes, but don't go overboard. If the original is an odd (read "less likely to be found as a stock line") like 820uF then go for 1000uF. But normally there is no need, and sometimes it will catch you out as the size will increase and it won't fit in the original space.

The main things are:
              • 105C, low ESR, quality brand/series
              • no lesser voltage rating
              • no lesser capacitance
              • check dimensions
              thanks I just ordered three caps.

How do I know where the fuse is located on the board?

Comment

The fuse is the brown plastic cylinder next to the AC jack.
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mcfischer
                  The fuse is the brown plastic cylinder next to the AC jack.
                  Mike
                  Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Working...
                  X