Samsung Syncmaster 225BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 225BW

I just want to say this is an awesome thread. For the past two years, my SyncMaster 225bw has been acting up (blinks on and off randomly, takes a few cycles of the power button to return to normal). Just a few days ago, the monitor completely died on me. I turn it on and see the "Analog/Digital" popup, but then the screen goes blank and the blue power button blinks off and on. Can't get it to work no matter how many times I cycle the power button now. Seems to be pretty much the same problem as everybody else on here. So I took my monitor apart and low and behold, I find some bulging capacitors. Went to Digi-Key website and ordered the suggested replacements for each of the caps I found on my inverter board (minus the huge one):

1x 330uf 25v (part# P10272-ND)
    1x 47uf 50v (part# P10321-ND)
    2x 820uf 25v (part# 565-1800-ND)
    2x 680uf 25v (part# P10277-ND)

Just waiting for them to arrive in the mail for now. I've taken Electronics 1 and 2 in high school but that was around 15 years ago. Can't wait! Stuck using my laptop for now, which isn't bad, but I just love having a bigger screen. Thanks again for the info! I'll update how the fix goes after I receive the parts.

Comment

Well, I got the caps in the mail and got them all installed. I was disappointed to find out that the problem wasn't fixed after the install! Turns out the problem was with my video card. I switched from a DVI connection that went to the video card, and connected a VGA cable to a VGA connection on the motherboard instead... and it works!! However, I still want my DVI connection to work again so I'll be working on fixing that...

...Good to know though that I won't ever have to deal with the bad capacitor problem in the future, now that I have swapped them out!

Comment

First off... great thread, very helpful!

Alright, same issue with the flickering screen. Planning on replacing the capacitors just curious if the caps I am grabbing will work. Sadly I do not order online due to horrid credit >:| and screw all that paypal bank account mumbo jumbo. So I found a local store that has the following in stock:

CAP LYT RDL 820UF 25V 13mm x 20mm
        CAP LYT RDL 330UF 35V 13mm x 20mm

I tried to get better specs but the guy wasnt exaclty american and there was all this miscommunication so I figured I would ask the pros haha.

Anyways the site is http://www.sayal.com/ and they list all of their parts on there, any help would be appreciated

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by beeRz85 View Post
          First off... great thread, very helpful!

Alright, same issue with the flickering screen. Planning on replacing the capacitors just curious if the caps I am grabbing will work. Sadly I do not order online due to horrid credit >:| and screw all that paypal bank account mumbo jumbo. So I found a local store that has the following in stock:

I tried to get better specs but the guy wasnt exaclty american and there was all this miscommunication so I figured I would ask the pros haha.

Anyways the site is http://www.sayal.com/ and they list all of their parts on there, any help would be appreciated

thanks!
          That part number means 'Capacitor, electrolytic, Radial, 820uF, 25Volt, 13mm diameter x 20mm high'. The site doesn't give any more information.

I could go into a liquor store and say 'Give me a bottle of good wine.' My chances of getting a bottle of Mouton Rothschild 1976 are better than your chances of getting suitable caps from Sayal.

Save everybody some time. Call Digi-Key, order Panasonic FR or FM series caps and make arrangements to send them a money order.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

So I found a local store that has the following in stock:

Anyways the site is http://www.sayal.com/ and they list all of their parts on there, any help would be
            appreciated

thanks![/QUOTE]

If you find suitable caps anywhere in Canada, I'll be very surprised.
            Digikey.ca is your best bet.
            36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

quick update: pinpointed my problem as being the CCFL Bulbs

i was so down because for a lot, it seems after they replace their Caps, their Monitors work fine

nevertheless, thanks to an awesome Member of BadCaps Scenic, he sent me a set of CCFL even before i sent him payment for the shipping all the way from Europe

finally got them, installed today and everything is working great!

nice to see the twin Samsung 225BWs...

so for anyone else having issues esp. with 5 sec. or less blink and then turning off after Cap replacement, checking all solder connections, re-checking size, watts, etc....hopefully this will help

thanks again for all the Help and advice from everyone and now only need to fix one more Samsung 226BW to have Two Dual 22" setups (don't ask, but went a lil bit monitor crazy that hopefully will turn out sweet in the end)
              Last edited by GR3Y5H3ART; 03-09-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

HI all! I was about to trash my 225BW after replacing it with the B2330, so I decided to take it apart to see if I can repair it myself. Thank you GOD! I found this site. My monitor started acting up with the whole screen fades to white and spreading from the center outwards, and I have to wait for 30 seconds to a minute on white screen before turning it off and then on again to get the picture back. Sometimes I have to cycle the power button on and off 5 or 6 times to get it to work, but now just quick flickerning blue LED, nothing more. I just ordered those CAPs and waiting for replacing them and hope for the best (2x565-1553-ND, 3x565-1547-ND, 1x565-2004-ND).
                After reading POST#234, that might be what I have to try next if replacing those CAPs does not fix the problem. Could someone show or point me to where
                "the SD439 (programmable Z-Diode)- now its running allrigt! So watch out for this little TO220-circuit!" located? I have spent hours trying to find it but can't locate it.
                MY board revision is "225BW REV0.2", and I will you know the result after replacing.
                Thank you all for your supports.

Comment

Just wanna give you guys an update... just got my CAPs today. I replaced just those 5 CAPs... 2x820uF and 3x330uF, and BAM!!!!!!!! My monitor is now back to live again. Thank you all for info and supports.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm having similar symptoms to everyone else. The screen goes on for a few seconds and it goes blank with a steady power light. Upon close inspection there's a faint image. I have 0 soldering experience so I hope I can fix the lcd as a friend left it behind telling me that if I fix it I can have it
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by itsallbs View Post
                      Hi all,

I'm having similar symptoms to everyone else. The screen goes on for a few seconds and it goes blank with a steady power light. Upon close inspection there's a faint image. I have 0 soldering experience so I hope I can fix the lcd as a friend left it behind telling me that if I fix it I can have it
                      Looks like you have a couple of caps that are leaking. Caps that are made by Capxon should be replaced on sight! With the exception of the large 450V cap, replace the other 6 caps with something like Panasonic FR, FM or FC from digikey.com. Should run you under $10. Also, check the green fuse, F301, located just below the word "DIP" with the arrow to the left of it. Also, I suggest you watch some YouTube videos on "how to solder". Videos are much better than trying to describe in words.
                      Last edited by jetadm123; 03-21-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I have 0 soldering experience
                        Best soldering video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NU2ruzyc4

Like jetadm123 says, replace all the Capxon (except the largest one) with Panasonic FR, FM, or FC (in that order of preference). See PlainBill's instructions on how to order

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=2
                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Wow that was fast! Is this it?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes. With power off and your meter set to resistance, place your probes across F301. You should read 1 ohm or less. This fuse supplies power to the backlight circuit.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have a meter but I will definitely try to replace the caps. What do I replace C301 and C302 with? I noticed the capxon's have the specs on the actual unit but not so much with c301 and c302?

Comment

If you mean that the cap values are not stamped on C301 and C302, then assuming the member on post #341 of this thread has the same power board, try figuring it out through the process of elimination by comparing his cap values to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaray View Post
                                  OK-Here are the capaitors that I ordered from digi-key after speaking with a tech- 2-820uF/25v(part#565-1960-ND) 3-330uF/25v(part#565-1547-ND) 1-47uF/50v(part#493-3283-ND) in addition I also purchased 1-150uF/450v(part#P11673-ND) I figured why not just replace all of them! I will replace the CapXon's with these and see if it makes a diference! Will post back with a report. Thanks to everyone for your inputs!

Emile
                                  I'm trying to figure out why you ordered 3 of the 330uF caps. I'm only seeing one one on my board and yours.

Comment

Hi, There are 2 (at least) different boards. Mine has 3 x 330uf caps and no 680s.

Comment

Ok I compared my caps to post #341 and this is what my order looks like. Can somebody review it before I order? I somewhat confirmed I have 2 680's upon close inspection.

1 P10321-ND CAP 47UF 50V ELECT FC RADIAL PANASONIC FC 47UF 50V 0 0.34000 $0.34
                                      2 P11222-ND CAP 820UF 25V ELECT FC RADIAL PANASONIC FC 820UF 25V 0 0.90000 $1.80
                                      2 P12390-ND CAP 680UF 25V ELECT FM RADIAL PANASONIC FM 680UF 25V 0 0.67000 $1.34
                                      1 P12387-ND CAP 330UF 25V ELECT FM RADIAL PANASONIC FM 330UF 25V 0 0.50000 $0.50

Thanks in advance!
                                      Last edited by itsallbs; 04-04-2011, 09:36 AM. Reason: edited to remove confusing quantities

Comment

Caps are inexpensive. If you can afford it order twice as many as you need just in case. I picked up some extra Lithium batteries for motherboards too for my older computers.

Comment

2 P12390-ND CAP 680UF 25V ELECT FM RADIAL PANASONIC FM 680UF 25V 0 0.67000 $1.34
                                          1 P12387-ND CAP 330UF 25V ELECT FM RADIAL PANASONIC FM 330UF 25V 0 0.50000 $0.50
                                          I would suggest using FR instead of FM.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=P14421-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=P14415-ND

FR has slightly improved specs in some areas compared to FM.
                                          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                          X