Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E207WFPc

Originally posted by killian6pk View Post
    Here are the readings on the small chip on the right.
    Pin 1 = 0.8mv
    Pin 2 = 3.033v
    Pin 3 = 5.07v

Hope this helps.
    It could be a reset controller; the voltage is right. Examine the chip carefully - are there any signs of a flaw? Also, using an ohmmeter, see if pin 2 on the small chip is connected to a pin on the GPU - the one with the heat sink on top.

If it is, and you are very brave (or foolish, depending on the results), you can try shorting pin 2 to pin 1 and see if the monitor works.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Are you talking about using the buzzer to see if those two (GPU & small chip) are connected? If not what reading am I looking for on the ohm scale. Also when you say shorting pin 1 & 2 you mean on the small chip I take it?
      Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

I checked the small component the soldering looks ok. The marking on the board says U302 if that helps with the Identity of the chip also I got a stronger magnifier and rechecked the number it is 8910P. I have not been able to find a data sheet on that number. The pin markings (on the board) are with the tab up. First leg is #1 Tab is #2 and the other leg #3. These SMD components are a pain in the rear they are so small. Checked pin #2 (tab) and could not find a connection to the GPU. I also checked pin #1 and #3 and found multiple connections for pin #1 and 1 connection for pin #3
        Last edited by killian6pk; 12-06-2011, 02:44 PM. Reason: additional information

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Well, the device is definitely not a MAX810 reset controller. I'll be doing a little more research this evening, time permitting.

PlainBill
          Last edited by PlainBill; 12-06-2011, 09:27 PM.
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks Bill I really appreciate your help. There are several more of this device you circled on the signal board. What should I be looking for in the way of measurements or lettering on the part to tell if maybe one of them is the reset controller?

Comment

Sorry about that. I realized about 1:00 am that I had not given the problem.
              The monitor does not power on at all, no light or flicker or anything. I will check the component on the back of the board and get back to you on what I find. Thanks for giving me the info on the front side components.
              If i missed this or it's been answerd I am sorry,
              Do the front panel switch LEDs light up?
              When you push the front panel swicth dose it feel like it's clicking?
              Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

No the PLED does not light up. This monitor has a small ribbon cable that goes into a row of pins on each side. There is a black plastic connector over these pins. Originally I tried to take that connector off. After getting it off two of the pins broke off. I tried replacing them with small gauge wire from a resistor lead. That never seemed to work properly.

I was able to find a signal card for an E228WFPc which is supposed to be the same card. That card was cheap $15.00 (if it saved the monitor). So I bought it. The first time I connected it up to the power board and the button ribbon cable the PLED lit up. The buttons on the board do click like they are supposed to. I was not able to get a picture on the screen. Just to catch you up I found a Fuse on the TCON board that was bad and replaced it. The screen still did not light up and or no picture.

Bill has been working through various possible problems. If you have any ideas I would be glad to hear them.

Comment

Connector Label Reads:
                  Black = N/F
                  Open (no wire) = NC
                  Brown = DIM
                  Open = +14v
                  Open = +14v
                  Red = 5v
                  Orange = 5v
                  Yellow = Gnd
                  Green = Gnd
                  Are the pins labeled the same on both of the signal cards?
                  You may also want to re measure these voltages,but use the ground wire in the connector for the DMM ground
                  When you measure the n/f pin do it wile pushing the power button.
                  What voltage are you seeing on the DIM pin?
                  Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I will check all of that.
                    Thanks

Comment

This is what I got reading wise.
                      Pins are labeled the same on both cards

All measurements taken new today with power + signal board connected and Front Button Board connected to Signal Board (PLED was on when power button was on)

Black = N/F Power Button off = .9mv Power Button On = 3.044v
                      Open (no wire) = NC
                      Brown = DIM Power Button Off = 2.9v Power Button On = 55.1mv
                      Open = 14v No Wire
                      Open = 14v No Wire
                      Red = 5.07v
                      Orange = 5.07v
                      Yellow = Gnd.
                      Green = Gnd.

Hope This Helps
                      Last edited by killian6pk; 12-07-2011, 03:24 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

This is what I got reading wise.
                        Pins are labeled the same on both cards

All measurements taken new today with power + signal board connected and Front Button Board connected to Signal Board (PLED was on when power button was on)

Black = N/F Power Button off = .9mv Power Button On = 3.044v
                        Open (no wire) = NC
                        Brown = DIM Power Button Off = 2.9v Power Button On = 55.1mv
                        Open = 14v No Wire
                        Open = 14v No Wire
                        Red = 5.07v
                        Orange = 5.07v
                        Yellow = Gnd.
                        Green = Gnd.

Hope This Helps
                        It just might!
                        Do you have the backlights hooked up?

Comment

No but I will try it with them hooked up. What do you want me to look for?

Comment

Lookthrough the back of the panel,see if they flash or come on.

Comment

Hooked it all up and nothing happened. No flash, no PLED and no picture.

Comment

Hooked it all up and nothing happened. No flash, no PLED and no picture.
                                Have the ribbon cable to the panel disconnected, but still have the back lights hooked up,try it again.
                                Dose the PLED come back on?Dose anything else change?

Comment

Back lights came on and PLED stays lit. The back lights look like they are shaking. I don't think they are going off and on quickly.
                                  Last edited by killian6pk; 12-07-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

So there is a problem with the LCD panel shutting at least part of the power off.
                                    Check and see if you caused a short on the Tcon when you replaced the fuse.

Comment

Ok. Anything could be possible as small as that fuse was. I think I need laser surgery on my 60 year old eyes. Maybe some magnifier implants.

Comment

You should post a picture of the Tcon,I will not be able to help you to much more with it.
                                        But there are others that have repaired problems with them

Comment

Ok. Anything could be possible as small as that fuse was. I think I need laser surgery on my 60 year old eyes. Maybe some magnifier implants.
                                          Yea I know about the 60 year old body parts, The old saying said rode hard and put away wet,Well I did a lot of that in my younger days

Comment

Working...
                                          X