Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E207WFPc

Originally posted by killian6pk View Post
    I understand. Hope these pics will help.
    I've marked three devices. The first two (upper left and mid-left) are probably voltage regulators. Using one of the mounting holes as a ground point, what are the voltages on each pin? And what is the part number of the one without a thermal pad?

The one on the right may be the key to the problem. What is the identifier on that IC?

PlainBill
    Attached Files
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Readings. On Ac V

Regulator with Thermo Pad (Upper Left)
      Pin 1 = 46.6v
      Pin 2 = 46.7v
      Pin 3 = 46.7v

Middle Left Regulator
      Lettering on part: AZ1117D
      1.8E1
      70IN19
      Pin 1 = 46.7v
      Pin 2 = 46.7v
      Pin 3 = 46.6v

Small Part on right
      Lettering on part: 6910P First number could also be an 8

Pin 1 = 47.7v
      Pin 2 = 46.6v

Data Sheet for AZ1117D: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/AZ11...datasheet.html
      Last edited by killian6pk; 12-04-2011, 11:42 AM. Reason: correction
      Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Readings. On Ac V

Measure DC voltage
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I tried DC to start with and the readings had a minus sign and bounced all over the place so that I could not get a fix on the number. I will try it again.

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

I was able to get readings this time by moving my black probe to a ground screw hole on the power board instead of on the video board. The numbers still jumped around a good bit but finally settled down so that I could get a reading.

Regulator with Thermo Pad
            Pin 1 = 339.6mv
            Pin 2 = 335.1mv
            Pin 3 = 336.6mv

Middle Left Regulator
            Pin 1 = 334.8mv
            Pin 2 = 336.2mv
            Pin 3 = 335.8mv

Small IC on Right
            Pin 1 = 336.4mv
            Pin 2 = 336.4mv

Comment

Just to clarify the numbers above were on the DC scale.

Comment

Just to clarify the numbers above were on the DC scale.
                Verify you are still getting 5 volts on pins 7 and 8 on the power supply, and then use the same ground to measure the regulators.
                Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

When I measured again just now I got 333.8mv on both pin 7 & 8. I checked the fuse and it is still 0.1ohm. What should I do now?

Comment

When I measured again just now I got 333.8mv on both pin 7 & 8.
                    Something has changed. 5V was present and the voltage regulators were all fine back on page 1 of this thread.
                    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yes, but the only thing I have done is check readings with the power on and the power board and main board connected. I don't know what could have changed unless connecting to power burned something else out. That's why I checked the fuse. I don't know where to go from here.

Comment

Are the boards screwed down to the metal chasis,or they Laying loose

Comment

They are loose on my workbench. If I screw them down into the metal housing they are upside down and I can't get at the front side of the boards.

Comment

I suspect you do not have a proper ground for your DVM.
                            There should be a wire in the conector from the P/S to the siginal crad that is ground.
                            See if you can locate it and use that for the negitive lead on the DVM.

Comment

I will try that.

Comment

Using the ground wire like you said. The two 5v pins show 5.07v. The 3 places that Bill wanted me to check are as follows:

The regulator with the foam on top:
                                Pin 1 = 0.9mv
                                Pin 2 = 3.295v
                                Pin 3 = 5.07v

Regulator on Middle Left of board:
                                Pin 1 = 0.9mv
                                Pin 2 = 1.799v
                                Pin 3 = 3.294v

Small IC on Right Side:
                                Pin 1 = 0.9mv
                                Pin 2 = 3.033v
                                Last edited by killian6pk; 12-05-2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Using the ground wire like you said. The two 5v pins show 5.07v. The 3 places that Bill wanted me to check are as follows:

The regulator with the foam on top:
                                  Pin 1 = 0.9mv
                                  Pin 2 = 3.295v
                                  Pin 3 = 5.07v

Regulator on Middle Left of board:
                                  Pin 1 = 0.9mv
                                  Pin 2 = 1.799v
                                  Pin 3 = 3.294v

Small IC on Right Side:
                                  Pin 1 = 0.9mv
                                  Pin 2 = 3.033v
                                  Good, the voltage regulators look OK
                                  Hopefully PlainBill will continue with his thoughts.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion on the grounding.

Comment

I was hoping that the small IC was a reset controller, but the part number seems to indicate otherwise, and the polarity of the signal is wrong. Whoops!!! The IC I was indicating has THREE leads. Recheck, please.

PlainBill
                                      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

That was my fault I checked the proper chip, but forgot to check the top soldered tab. I go check that now.

Comment

Here are the readings on the small chip on the right.
                                          Pin 1 = 0.8mv
                                          Pin 2 = 3.033v
                                          Pin 3 = 5.07v

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                          X