X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E172fpb

Originally posted by Bobdee
    Nice one Gveranda,
    Can you tell us what make monitor it is, is it another Dell or BENQ ???
    it will be helpful for future cross reference to others,
    also why you never replaced 2sc5707 with same ???
    as they are easily got from ebay
    bob
    The FP767 is a BenQ, Just seen one today (working flawlessly ) ....
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
      The FP767 is a BenQ, Just seen one today (working flawlessly ) ....
      yea that's a Benq and reason im using them is easy to buy them here in Australia at the counter but I've been told that they get hot easily.now my friend uses that 24/7 with no issues at all

Comment

Originally posted by gveranda
        yea that's a Benq and reason im using them is easy to buy them here in Australia at the counter but I've been told that they get hot easily.now my friend uses that 24/7 with no issues at all

I got another one with fried STD10PF06 still couldn't find any substitute (FU9024n /IRFU9024NPBF/ MTD2955E /SPU30P06P) that can buy at shops nothing gets close enough.may be I'll buy them from ebay

Comment

I got another one with fried STD10PF06 still couldn't find any substitute (FU9024n /IRFU9024NPBF/ MTD2955E /SPU30P06P) that can buy at shops nothing gets close enough.may be I'll buy them from ebay
          DigiKey.com
          Mouser.com
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Hey dude,

Thanks...a couple of reasons, basically speed...could drive and grab the radio shack stuff in 20 minutes rather than wait on Digikey or Newark. Also found one blown and couldn't really find root cause so wanted to just replace the whole quad. I actually find the cutting job more elegant...sounds a wee bit off but if you can get something for $7 bucks AND you already have a dremel, it takes like 2 minutes to cut a nice clean hole and that will ease up the heat a bit anyway. Since I had only the blown Q759 and no smoking gun per se, I didn't want to order components and wait and then be hunting for something else...I like quick and dirty and my gal pal sure is happy about it ( she was borrowing my 15" Sony CRT, a HUGE paperweight and made her feel old/depressed) hehe.

Great info, great contributors so anyway anyone can get it done that feels good and right is the way to go, no way I would question anyones fix (unless the dropped in some huge BJT with a heatsink sticking out the back!) :O)

Cheers

Originally posted by Bobdee
            Hello KMORRIS67738
            Congrats on your fix, nice one, but it puzzles me as to why you never took Davmax's advice on the transistors, his recomendations on the 2sc5707's are clear to me, that they are the Best ones for the job, and you can come by them easily,
            None of the nonsense of cutting holes in casing
            bob

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
              Thanks eguevarae for that,bought them from ebay but hasnt arrived them yet.SO i put 2n7000 instead.had to put them crossed leg.for a wonder they really work like anything else not too sure how long they gonna last though

Comment

Thanks eguevarae for that,bought them from ebay but hasnt arrived them yet.SO i put 2n7000 instead.had to put them crossed leg.for a wonder they really work like anything else not too sure how long they gonna last though
                Well, if they hold until eBay's stuff arrive, it would be OK
                • Windows 10 Pro x64
                • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I have been having the same problem with mine when the monitor doesn't turn on but the power light blinks. I think this is because I am missing some transistors but I'm not sure which ones I need to put there.

Here are screens.

Code:
                  http://web3.twitpic.com/img/6307049-cebfe6ff6e3c8c80da1fab53a5676d15.49eea266-full.jpg
                  Code:
                  http://web5.twitpic.com/img/6306987-88a1496a915bcd8a19f47e096073700c.49eea30e-full.jpg
                  Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzR6f37F80M

The first missing is C752, second C617 in the video

Btw I have a e172fpb.

Comment

http://www.twitpic.com/3r6i3

http://www.twitpic.com/3r6i3

For some reason I can't edit my post so here are the links to the pics those aren't working.

Comment

The bean counters in manufacturing constantly remove parts in the original design to save a few cents.

I'd be hard pressed to find a single modern PCB without originally specified components either removed entirely or replaced with jumpers.

Check the 4 C5707 transistors (the 4 transistors next to those 4 rectangular yellowish poly caps) with the diode check function of a DMM I'm sure you will find one of them shorted.
                      Last edited by Krankshaft; 04-22-2009, 01:34 PM.
                      Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft
                        The bean counters in manufacturing constantly remove parts in the original design to save a few cents.

I'd be hard pressed to find a single modern PCB without originally specified components either removed entirely or replaced with jumpers.

Check the 4 C5707 transistors (the 4 transistors next to those 4 rectangular yellowish poly caps) with the diode check function of a DMM I'm sure you will find one of them shorted.
                        Yea I've never really worked with Circuit Board before so I'm not sure how to do a diode check.
                        I did look on the bottom of the CB and Q751 has brown burn marks around the solder do you think that may be the cause of my problem?

Comment

Ok I just replaced that one but now the powerlight stays on but still black. I think I need to replace all 4 transistors and resolder the connections to the transformers that should fix it.

Ill let you guys know what happens.

Comment

In case anyone is wondering, the TIP3055's I used as a quick fix never failed, and the screen is used daily.

Comment

Hmm I just replaced the transistors but now the powerlightt stays on but the screen still doesn't come on. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Cakk
                                Hmm I just replaced the transistors but now the powerlightt stays on but the screen still doesn't come on. Any ideas?
                                Blown fuse on inverter?

PlainBill
                                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
                                  Blown fuse on inverter?

PlainBill
                                  How do I check?

Comment

Originally posted by Cakk
                                    How do I check?
                                    Look for a F or PF component before the inverter part of the circuit (PF501, F200, etc.). You can check if it is en or not using MM in the Ohms function.
                                    • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                    • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Hmm I'm testing them right now and they all seem to give me a reading.. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Ugh.

Also I just tested the transistors I replaced and they are all giving me a reading. So my issue may b different than the others.
                                      Last edited by Cakk; 04-26-2009, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Re: HP 1940 lcd monitor

HI
                                        I have a similar problem. I have a HP 1940 LCD Monitor. It would not power on.On opening the monitor i found that in its power board two FETs were not functional. I have replaced the same but now the problem is the led turns green (solid) but there is no display.

Can anybody advise please
                                        Last edited by sujata_mendon; 04-30-2009, 06:57 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Hello Sujata
                                          You seem to have posted in the wrong thread, maybe a Moderator can move you to a new Thread,
                                          Does the b/light come on for a second or two when you turn on the Monitor ect, post pictures if you can.
                                          bob
                                          Last edited by Bobdee; 04-30-2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X