Dell W1700 LCD Rev00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell W1700 LCD Rev00

you replace the fused ones with a drop of pond after having changed the condensers and we hope that they are not broken also the integrated ones

Comment

bypassing fuses is a very bad practice no matter who says its ok.
      if they were not needed the beancounters would have cut them from the design.

Comment

hi
        if you read the preceding posts I have bought an inverter mended by www.LcdRepair.US and you/he/she has arrived to me with replaced the 2 condensers elettrolitici the 4 ic4600s and with the fused baipassed with pond.
        You can also see photo that I have sent.
        I know him/it that baipass is practically wrong the fuseses however that seller has sent me the inverter and to the my numerous sent emails are not deigned to answer me
        ciao
        mario

Comment

pond= solder blob?
          if so that place is setting themselves up for a huge lawsuit if one of those causes a fire!

Comment

Indeed thats just a reckless move to get those boards working.

Fuses are there to protect the board from excessive current without them components can overheat and possibly as kc said cause a fire.
            Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

excuse me
              yes, pond = solder
              you excuse all but I use a translator

Comment

Hello,

My Dell W1700 was working fine until one day I turned it on and got no picture on screen, but only sound. I read all postings and suggestions here and tried to fix the backlight inverter.
                I replaced two 220uF/35V electrolytic caps with 220uF/65V electrolytic caps. I did not have fuses, so I soldered some kind of jumpers using a wire.
                When I tried to test the TV, one of capacitors blew up in few seconds with the smoke. I did not even have time to check if I had the picture.
                So, I am thinking about buying the inverter from www.lcdparts.net. But I am not sure about quality of the replacement inverter. Maybe it is just easy to sell my TV for parts or for repair to someone?
                Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

I am new to this forum. I have read throught this whole thread. I have the answer to all your questions about the MOSFET (4600) used on this board. I had the same problem finding information and sources for Mosfet 4606.
                  These are made by ALPHA & OMEGA SEMICONDUCTOR, Inc.
                  You will find more information--if you google for AO4600. There are a lot of sources for these Mosfets. I ordered mine from BlueStar International for $6.99 each. But it was the first place I found them. You may find them cheaper. They also hace cap, SM Fuses, etc. Bob PS: I found the Data sheet for this too. I think I got it from the makers website.

Comment

I thank you
                    but taken by the desperation I have sold the monitor
                    thanks
                    a regard

Comment

I don't know anything about electronics but is seems to me that this is a defect with this monitor. I also have a Dell W1700 and am shock to see that everyone is having the same problem as I. I think I will call the BBB and see if there is anything that can be done to make dell pay for these repairs. I had to call the FTC the other day about somthing else and I was told if enough people complain they get a class action suit going. So maybe everyone should call.

Comment

thanks Melissa
                        sold

Comment

Re: Dell W1700 Sound, but no picture issue

Originally posted by DaveGrave
                          I have a Dell W1700 which had the classic backlight inverted problem. Sound, power light on, but no picture. I read the forum and discovered that this is a common issue. Like most owners of the W1700, I felt that this TV/Monitor was excellent, except for the sub standard inverter board. So I had two choices. Buy a new TV monitor, or attempt to repair mine. I opted for the latter. I went to www.LCDpart.com and found that they sell the original inverted board and a remake that is supposed to be superior, both for $79 plus $10 shipping. Believing that the original board would only last 2 years or so, I decided to order the remake. The part was back ordered, but arrived within 10 days. I followed the instructions on www.lcdpart.com. They were about 95% accurate. For instance, they didn't mention you needed to remove the speakers in order to remove some screws. Not a big issue. Overall they were quite with nice pictures. It took about 45 minutes to take apart, insert the new board, and put back together. I plugged it in and my beautiful monitor was working again. Well worth the $89 and much cheaper than the $500 plus I would have need to buy a new one. Good luck to all that have the same issue.

I think I have the same problem as DaveGrave. How will I know that it is my Inverter that neess replacement not my Backlight or both....? Does anyone know?

Comment

It's hard to know for sure but inverters go more often than bulbs.
                            Mann-Made Global Warming.
                            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                            -

Comment

OK, thanks!

Comment

Hey guys, this problem recently happened to me. I'm going to give it a go opening the unit tomorrow night. Does anyone know what I should look for and if I need: new caps, lamp, or inverter. Thanks!

Comment

So how do you take the back panel off? someone please help

Comment

Originally posted by zsw5402
                                    So how do you take the back panel off? someone please help

follow the already translated link below....

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate....html&lp=es_en

Now I have not yet changed my Inverter, so I don't know for sure if it will resolve my issue. But it could work for you!

Good Luck!

Comment

I recently had my inverter go out on the lcd that I posted the "green" pics from. I said to H*** with it and removed the inverter and soldered across both of the fuses. I effectively shorted them out.

Sure it could cause a problem in the future, but I wasn't in the mood to solder some smd fuses.

Comment

I just finished the MONISERV solution and it worked perfectly well ($79.00 + Shipping). Parts arrived in two days. I have no experience doing these kind of stuff, so I am very proud I was able to fix it. Only issue was a noise when in PC mode, but was able to manage it byby turning the Brightness up to 87%. I wonder with so many issues with the w1700 if there would be room for a class action vs Dell, as they just never provided adequate information on how to fix it or once out of warranty they just washed their hands! I tried everything to get the monitor serviced and it cast me $700 when originally purchased!

Comment

Just replaced the capacitors, fuses and mosfets... Works perfectly!! $10 in parts gained me a new monitor!

I used these parts (Digikey part #'s listed)

MOSFET - IRF7389PBFCT-ND
                                          CAPACITORS - 493-1549-ND
                                          FUSES - F2885CT-ND

The FET is comparable, but not the exact same... It works VERY well though!!
                                          Don't listen to the bots spamming in the threads, if you have the soldering skills and you know some basic circuit theory, you can fix this monitor no problem!

Cheers!
                                          Last edited by war6763; 01-28-2010, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X