Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer Elite VSX-33TX Receiver - Standby Only

Hi Everyone,

I'm attempting to troubleshoot my Pioneer Elite Receiver. The standby light comes on when it's plugged in and initially when the Standby/On button is press no relay sounds can be heard. After 30 seconds to over a 1 minute when the Standby/On button is press a relay can be heard, but no power or lights on the display. I've check the fuses and confirmed they are good.

I also attempted to reset the unit by holding down the ADVANCED SURROUND button, press and hold the STANDBY/ON button for about three
    seconds.

I've downloaded the service manual (page 9 is the main schematic) and measured IC6001 input 15VDC (approximate) and 5.5VDC (approximate) output voltage.

Any additional advice would be great.

Thanks

Re: Pioneer Elite VSX-33TX Receiver - Standby Only

Since you got relay kicked in, check mosfet for possible short.

Comment

What relay?
      The unit have 5 relays on SP/PS,1 on primary assy and a lot of transistor resistors who are very sensitive.
      Be carefull this is a very sophisticated unit who monitors anything.
      If you are not on the field please sent it to a proffesional.

Comment

Originally posted by ngvuanh View Post
        Since you got relay kicked in, check mosfet for possible short.
        After reviewing the schematic it looks like the Mosfet's I need to check are IC5001-IC5008. Any good recommendations to test these in circuit? Or check any different Mosfets?

I've attached the schematic photos and part numbers below.

Originally posted by charis View Post
        What relay?
        The unit have 5 relays on SP/PS,1 on primary assy and a lot of transistor resistors who are very sensitive.
        Be carefull this is a very sophisticated unit who monitors anything.
        If you are not on the field please sent it to a proffesional.
        I not sure if I can identify, which relay is switching because they are in very close proximity to each other. I provided the schematic above and it looks like the primary assy relay is RY6001. Should I start with this relay, since IC6001 has an input 15VDC (approximate) and 5.5VDC (approximate) output voltage.

Thank you

Comment

Your regulator ic its ok.Input 15 output 5.5v.
          To make it simple one size of the relay its on mains voltage the other on the 15v and signaling the NJM78M56F when its close to sent the signal on TRANS 2-1 ASSY(AND BACK).That signal is going to the speaker relay and if present all the krc101 starts and close the relays on ouput terminals.All this is under stand by voltage.
          So if you dont have stand by or the pulse of 5v on pin4 on CN3005 nothing works.Also your +15/-15v dont start because ST G goes to regulation board.
          The 1 TRANS assy depends on the relay to close if not dont start.This assy creates 12v for DSP direct from mains.
          I dont want to confuse you its much more for first the CN3005 on pin1 you must have something coming to the base of transistor from regulation board on pin2 ground pin3 5.5v pin4 pulse of 5v square.
          Also on on adx 7345 7346 and 6004 you have mains voltage if the relay is close.
          Last edited by charis; 05-08-2016, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X