Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Einhell Pressito air compressor not working on mains voltage

Hi all,

I have this air compressor by Einhell, history unknown. It has two modes - 18V battery and 240V AC. On battery everything works fine. On AC it switches on, but makes a quiet repetitive buzzing noise, and the second you start either of the air pumps it completely dies most of the time. On occasion it will work without fault.

Only thing remarkable on physical inspection is that the filter cap on the PSU board has a scorched positive lead. It is 150uF, 400V, 105*C. The cap is an awful Asia'X brand. Is it possible this filter cap is the source of the fault, or is the scorched lead just a generic sign that a lot of current has been pulled through it at some point?

Thank you
    Last edited by spleenharvester; 01-18-2024, 09:40 AM.
    Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Also does anyone know what these plastic blades are called/where I can find a replacement? I snapped it by accident and cannot for the life of me figure out where to get another. Pump works fine without so I'm guessing they just serve to cool the motor down? I guess I might need to 3D print one.

(Edit just 3D printed one)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spleenharvester; 01-18-2024, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Does the motor start no problem as long as everything is warm? As colder it is it harder or even impossible to start? As for the main filter cap, check it for cracks in the solder joint.
      the fan is to cool the motor for cooling. Either fix or replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
        Does the motor start no problem as long as everything is warm? As colder it is it harder or even impossible to start? As for the main filter cap, check it for cracks in the solder joint.
        the fan is to cool the motor for cooling. Either fix or replace it.
        It doesn't seem to be temperature related, it's totally random whether it will run or not. When it doesn't run everything goes off, no lights.

I think you are right about cracks in the joint, I desoldered the filter cap for replacement and the scorched pad delaminated immediately. Just waiting for the replacement cap to get here to do a bridging repair.

Comment

Update, new filter cap and a bridging repair has fixed the problem. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240122_142439561.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	3202296

Comment

Good job repairing it

I would clean the flux off of the board if I were doing this job the soldering joint repair looks pretty good
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
            10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
            6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
            1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
            25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
            6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply
            1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
            2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
            All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
            X