Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic FC Series is there a better Replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic FC Series is there a better Replacement?

Panasonic FC Series Capacitor 150uf 100V 18X15 will need about 20 of these and I want to use good parts best I can get! FC Series Data Sheet
    My Personal Blog

Re: Panasonic FC Series is there a better Replacement?

it's the best pana if you need 100v

Comment

Looks best choice at mouser and digikey if you are limited to that physical size.

It always helps if we knew the application Low esr may not be a requirement.
      High temperature might be a factor or long life but there doesnt look much available 150uf 100V and 18x15
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I can go taller but I am limited to about 18mm on the diameter.

The caps are for Driver Board's running IRF540 & IRF9540 fets 4 channels. I have a total of 9 board I am refurbishing. Well 6 at the moment that had a combo of blown Mosfets, Thyristors, and Zeners! That I picked up on ebay for very cheap!

Seems the ones with the China/Taiwanese caps had the open zener's they are so cheap I am replacing them regardless with new on all boards.

Some Photos of the driver boards!

My Personal Blog

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
          High temperature might be a factor or long life but there doesnt look much available 150uf 100V and 18x15
          If OP goes up in voltage and can fit a taller capacitor, there is at least once choice with 10,000 hour lifetime. However, I don't know if the EE series is applicable in this circuit?

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...625-ND/1245954
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

BTW, it seems that Nashville based Richey, gets their caps made abroad.

http://richeycapacitor.com/

If you can identify the 3 letter series code, we can find their datasheet online and then match the appropriate quality brand series to it.

PS. Been to Nashville and totally regret not going to the Grand Ole Opry as I type this with George Strait's "I hate everything" playing at not so sensible levels right now.
            Last edited by retiredcaps; 11-17-2014, 06:51 PM.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

nice fuse on that last foto - very ghetto!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                nice fuse on that last foto - very ghetto!

Yes, it is ghetto waiting for my fuses to arrive but no power applied just jumper in it for checking circuits! For sure when the boards go back together the proper fuse will be in place!

My question was answered Panasonic FC Series it is! Part # EEU-FC2A151S are in my shopping cart..
                My Personal Blog

Comment

Working...
                X