Acer AL1715 AUO Panel Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer AL1715 AUO Panel Problem

The Monitor: Acer AL1715 (specific model: Acer AL1715t AUO Panel)

The Problem: Plugged power supply + vga cable in, turned the monitor on; I get the Acer logo displaying for what seems like quarter of a second! (my other acer monitor [AL1714] displays it for about 2 seconds when powered on). Then the screen flickers bright white, then black, then displays the extended desktop for about half a second, then goes back to black, might flicker white again before staying on black. It will then go to standby after several seconds.

Also, I can't at any point access the menu on the monitor, even though I can press the "auto" button, and I notice the screen go though its auto calibration for a second.

Causes?
    • NOT the graphics card
    • Don't think it's the VGA cable, it DOES display the image (even though its a split second)
    • NOT the power supply, definatly supplies power to the monitor
    • Could it be the Capacitors? - I've seen this problem before
    • Or some other issue? - I really don't know

First off, I'm going to get a short video clip of this tomorrow morning, just to explain further whats going on. =
    Video of my Acer AL1715 playing up. NOTE: First screen is an Acer AL1714 working as it should.

Second, I've taken it apart and checked out for shorts, doesn't seem like any there, and all the connections are in good order.

If anyone has anything that could help, please do!

I'm going to check the capacitors for damage, hopefully it might highlight any problems.

Re: Acer AL1715 AUO Panel Problem

Is it still under warranty? I've seen issues like this with these panels. However, having a 3 year warranty, I've never had to fix one on my own. Usually they come back with the controller board replaced, according to the paperwork.
    Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Well, the monitor was a purchase off ebay (where it was shown to be working), but I've since had my money refunded

But I'd still like to get this monitor working; I guess it's got no warrenty now.

Comment

You could always give it a shot with Acer... see if they'll fix it just based off the serial #. https://secure2.tx.acer.com/FixMyAcer3/FixMyAcer.aspx
        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

I'm actually having trouble with it recognising my serial number

Comment

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm actually in the UK. I suppose I should have mentioned that beforehand.

Comment

Just an update: Phoned Acer Tech Support (UK). They said I need to get the original receipt for the product, and the details that the monitor is registered in.

After that I'm going to phone in and ask about repair. Hopefully the warrenty is still valid!

Comment

I don't remember having to jump through that many hoops here in the US. Then again, they were retail purchases, not eBay buys. So maybe I don't remember it because it just wasn't any hassle.
                Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Typical. The person on eBay doesn't have the receipt, and don't know who it was originally registered too.

Comment

Check for "dry" solder joints. Sometimes this will cause the above.

Comment

Okay thank you for your input. I have gone over the boards, and can't really find anything wrong to my eye

The photos of the boards are attached...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X