"POWER PC" ML915 350W power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "POWER PC" ML915 350W power supply

Something just came to me. Jun Fu WG = Fuhjyyu TM, and Channel Well used Jun Fu in the past. So it's perhaps possible that there could have been Antec StupidPowers and TroublePowers with Jun Fu WGs. I think the Fu in Jun Fu stands for Fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker View Post
      CapXon KM is General Purpose, so it's zero surprise that they failed.
      I just took a look at a FUBAR'd E5 .. it's KF, not KM (wasn't quite sure when I posted earlier). Multiple 16V 1000uF (8x20) and 6.3V 2200uF (8x25) plus a few small ones on 5VSB (including a microscopic 25V 100uF)
      The Teapo is a 16V 2200uF (10x25) SD series. That's an obsolete series, but it has a 2006 datecode.. and it doesn't appear in the last published datasheet (from 2000) O.o
      Attached Files

Comment

The 2200uF 6.3V 8mm CapXon KF doesn't appear in the datasheet either. Custom sizes. Very common in PSUs. The only Japanese caps with a 2200uF 16V 10mm are Panasonic FK. Nichi HM or Panny FJ for a 2200uF 6.3V 8mm.

Comment

I actually suspect Fuhjyyu and Jun Fu are related, even though I haven't found any mention of it on their sites.
          Attached Files

Comment

I haven't been able to verify Jun Fu SK, since their site is broken and I get the SL datasheet instead
            there you go:

Comment

Thanks

Fuhjyyu S5 and Jun Fu SK are identical.

Included modified table
              Attached Files

Comment

It's entirely possible Jun Fu and Fuhjyyu make each other's caps. One makes all of the high voltage, the other Low ESR, etc...

Comment

So perhaps Jun Fu made the caps that went into those #$@%!^& Antecs???

Comment

Interesting how Jun Fu and Fuhjyyu seem to be related.

Anyway, I just placed a $25 CAD order with Digikey.ca to get the remaining caps to make this POWER PC 350W PSU have all reliable Japanese caps. Two UCC 560uf 200V primaries, along with a few Panasonic FC 47uf, 10uf, and 4.7uf caps to replace the small often-neglected caps.
                    My gaming PC:
                    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
                    ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
                    PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
                    G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
                    TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
                    WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
                    ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
                    Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
                    Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
                    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
                    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

I believe I may have found the manufacturer (or at least another distributor) of this power supply.

They are known as "Guangzhou Minglong Computer Equipment Co.,Ltd", and one example of their PSU is here: http://www.chinaypages.com/sampleroo...pply_300W.html

This "Power Train" PSU has a 120mm fan on top, however the label style is the same as my POWER PC 350W and c_hegge's Sky 550W. I know that the labels can all come in many different colors and generic logos, however the "ML" in the model number of these power supplies might be linked to the "Minglong" part of this Chinese company's name. This "Guangzhou Minglong" company has a website in English here, with their brand as "Power Train" like in the PSU shown above: http://www.mlpowertrain.com/index.php

Also, in the specifications on the 300W PSU product page that I linked, the power supply shown is a "ML-300W", however "(ML915-5)" is shown underneath that on the page. A very small marking on the back of the PCB of my POWER PC 350W has "ML915-3", so these could be related.

For comparison with my POWER PC 350W PSU, the only picture of an 80mm fan PSU I could find on their website was a 200W model:

I know that isn't the biggest or clearest picture, but judging from that, the visible casing on that looks almost the same as my POWER PC 350W, the only differences being that my PSU does not have an on/off switch and the Power Train PSU does not have an input voltage selector.

What do you think guys?
                      Last edited by Newbie2; 02-20-2012, 12:53 PM.
                      My gaming PC:

Comment

Seems plausible, N2. I'd suggest looking at the locations of the case screws and snap-in retaining slots. If they match, that would support the idea that that Chinese company is the actual mfr.
                        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

All of them copy case designs from each other. The same-looking case doesn't mean much.

(There's not much point in being creative here. It has to fit the ATX spec anyway.)

Comment

The holes for mounting to the computer case, yes. But I was referring to the screws and snap-in slots that hold the P/S case together, which the P/S mfr can design to suit their cost/process structure.
                            PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                            To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've got more news on this power supply.

I finally have a decent PC setup to install it in (after a year):
                              Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz dual-core processor (Socket 1156)
                              8GB ADATA Gaming Series DDR3-1600 RAM (4x2GB dual channel)
                              Intel DH55HC motherboard
                              GIGABYTE AMD Radeon HD6570 1GB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 2.1 video card
                              1TB WD Caviar Green WD10EAVS SATA-II Hard Drive
                              "POWER PC" ML915 350W Power Supply

With this PC at a constant 100% CPU load from Prime95, the output voltages and ripple of the +12V and +5V rails were measured. The voltages were measured with a digital multimeter, and the ripple from both outputs were measured with my father's ancient Hitachi V-1060 100MHz oscilloscope.

+12V rail: Slowly fluctuating between 11.99V and 12.00V; ~100mV of ripple
                              +5V rail: Constant 5.10V; ~40mV of ripple

Based on my voltage and ripple measurements, along with the fact that I added and upgraded some of the key components in this power supply (input filtering components, ball-bearing fan, all Japanese caps, better +12V rail silicon), I would say this power supply can safely power the PC it is now in, since they are within Intel ATX specifications. While this PC cannot load this power supply to its limits like a proper PSU load tester could, I am only concerned about this power supply safely powering a lower-end PC.
                              Last edited by Newbie2; 02-07-2013, 03:14 PM.
                              My gaming PC:

Comment

Some pictures of this "POWER PC" ML915 power supply in its current form (sorry, they're not the best quality):

Slightly-blurry overhead shot of the overall PSU internals.

The two United Chemicon SMG 560uf 200V primary caps.

The transient filtering stage components I installed.

I replaced every single cap in this PSU with Japanese caps; the small Panasonic caps are visible in the area where the transformers are.

Two pictures of the secondary side caps.

The open power supply, with the computer in the blurred background.

A picture of the PC internals that this PSU is now in.
                                My gaming PC:

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2 View Post
                                  +12V rail: Slowly fluctuating between 11.99V and 12.00V; ~100mV of ripple
                                  +5V rail: Constant 5.10V; ~40mV of ripple
                                  Not bad at all, especially the voltage regulation. I would actually trust it too, now .

Comment

Working...
                                  X