TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48 revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48 revival

I'm away from home temporarily, I will post a results as soon as I get back..

Comment

Hi All - new to the forums, and I have a (surprise!) dead Studio Konnekt 48 on my hands (device is not booting - all I get is the blue power button ring).

Already sent it in for service 3 times (the 3rd time because they messed up the 2nd repair).

This time I intend to fix-at-home.

Q: how might I obtain a service manual?

Thanks!
      art

Comment

Ehrm... unless the link's gone dead in the mean time, have you considered... i dunno, checking the first post in this thread?

I know, it's a ridiculous idea, who'd wanna do that, in this day and age?
        Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Ya! Sorry, me bad. Fantastic find on your part, Khron!!

Ready to roll up sleeves now!!
          Last edited by artc; 06-03-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I lucked out on that one, i'll freely admit Good luck though...
            Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Would somebody care to explain why there is a 47pF capacitor across practically every op amp's + / - input?

Comment

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1272503
                https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...394a3d79ba.pdf
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks, but in each article the practice of willfully including the cap is frowned upon.

Comment

Those articles were written from a scientific / technical point of view, and not necessarily (also) an economical one

Comment

Well, my K48 gave me a couple little headaches again - another signal in the Dice II chip seems to have kicked the bucket, but this time it was the serial data in for inputs 11-12. But i managed to take care of that.

I've detailed the whole thing over on my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Khron View Post
                        I've detailed the whole thing over on my blog
                        Interesting stuff. Thanks.

Comment

Where there's a will, there's a way, and all that I'm just glad i managed to pull it all off, without ruining anything (more than it was)

I've found AK5386's for sale from a Polish company, but a bit pricier than i'm willing to spend right now. But one of these days, i'll take care of that too

Comment

I've made up custom stencils using kapton tape stuck on a universal stencil. I'd never thought of manually dabbing solder on each individual pad. Something new learned every day

Comment

Well, i lacked ANY sort of BGA stencil, and i still do But as mentioned there, i wanted to get it done ASAP, and without shoving more cash into it. Yeah, it was a bit fiddly, but i got it done, and it works

DIY FTW

Comment

272 solder blobs, that's impressive work.

Comment

Oh, so it seems... Granted, i didn't bother counting them, but it's almost like they didn't "feel" to be so many

I had to go through a couple (well, two or three) rounds of blob-melting and "appending" some material to ones that came out too tiny...

Comment

Determination and patience wins the day
                                    I'd have gone the stencil and ball route myself but then I would probably have struggled to find the fault in the first place

Comment

As described in this thread in the first round of repairs, after scoping out the clock signals and the subsequent trace-cutting, the diagnostic was pretty clear

Comment

Hi everyone, Hope people are still active on here. My TCSK48 has gone the way of so many of these models. It's doing the dreaded power cycle.

I'm going to replace C488 and C489 on the main board to be safe, but if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

There's a (good?) chance C489 might be bloated (and thus visibly at fault), but odds are real good that swapping those both out will bring it back to life. I've done it on two other SK48's than the one in the original post (which i'm still using to this day).

In fact, the Rubycon MCZ 1000u/6.3v i had as C489 kicked the bucket a couple months back. Swapped that out for a Panasonic FJ 1800u/6.3v and all is well
                                          Last edited by Khron; 10-10-2018, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X