Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relying on you true Pros for some good advice here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relying on you true Pros for some good advice here.

Ok. Thats it. I've had enough!

My old 3mm cherry-red tip Scope (not-the-mini) soldering iron has just gotta be history.

Great for contact separation of FETs from mobos or high voltage Buzzbar work but zero finesse and no forgiveness whatsoever - it's just outa control.

I need an iron that will do the soldering for me while I am falling asleep over the 2 oclock mobo.

Time to invest in a state of the art grounded tip, temeprature controlled laserbeam Robo-solder 5000 or somefin like that!

But what to get? Goot? Duratech? Weller? Ebay Trifecta? Double sided flat-tip? Round conical tip? Stainless steel tip? 2mm? 0.2mm? yada yada yada???? It's so complicated!

What do you high end pros reckon is the best tool for the job, bearing in mind that I cannot afford a gold plated MIB automatic beta desoldering prototype.

Probably somewhere around Oz$200 would do it for me.

What specs and features should I look for?

Any one brand /model a contender for the gold cup?

Help!
    Neo.

try to find someone complaining about hakko on the net.
    http://www.computronics.com.au/hakko/soldering/
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Thanks willawake.

I will have a good look at the Hakko, especially since the link you povided is right in my back yard so to speak.

Would like to hear from other members too. Any advice would be appreciated.

Should I be concerned about the coming lead-free solder standard. Will it mean any substantial changes to soldering equipment apart from the tips?

http://www.cooperhandtools.com/ad_pages/lead_free.htm

Thanks,
      Neo.

Comment

yes i am concerned also about lead free. are we gonna have to work with boards soon that have solder like concrete?

http://www.hakkousa.com/lead-free/default.asp

Comment

WoW...Hakko 701 Repair System A$ 988.00 (~$746 USD)

I realised we have about a dozen of these at work...
          Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

What do you think of Goot Soldering Irons?

Comment

i have a corded goot 25w with extremely fine tip. I have actually never used it cos i always need more than 25w but it is the most comfortable iron i have ever held. the manufacture appears to be excellent also. There is distribution of part of the goot range here so i have goot solder assist tools (great), tip refresher, goot antistatic wristband. all great.

I think that goot and hakko are probably quite similar in quality. the difference is that hakko is better distributed around the world, they have a big american operation also.

yeh either would be my choice. japanese speciality tools....

Comment

btw i curently use this goot-taiyo 40w soldering iron.. it is cheap but reliable..
                days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Working...
                X