Gateway 900G frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gateway 900G frustration

Sorry for the delay, here are some of the pictures I could grab.

The pictures are with the new caps in place. In the third picture, the red dots show every cap that was replaced. I read that I should maybe try a 100uf 25V cap instead of a 47uf 25V cap where the lone capacitor is. Could that be the problem?
    Attached Files

Comment

I am having the same headache with this monitor that was given to me about a year ago. When I first received the monitor it was DOA. So I opened it up and found several bad caps and replaced them. Put it back together and viola I had a beautiful 19 LCD monitor.

Then after about a year of enjoyment it starts taking longer and longer amounts of time to exit out of sleep mode until eventually it wouldn't even display a power light. So for about 3 weeks now I have been hunting for info online, using my old CRT standby, and stumbled onto this site.

Lots of great info thank you.

I read the post about the 25x47 cap and changed it to a 25x100 and I am now getting a power light. The only problem is that it takes about 2 minutes after plugging it in for the light to come on. During that 2 minutes I can hear what sounds like the lamps quietly filling up with water. Then they go quiet as though they are full. Shortly after they go quiet the power light comes on but no lamp light.

Just a little more history before I lost the power light, during the time it was slow coming out of sleep mode it didn't flicker at all and when it did power back on it was a bright and clear screen.

Does anybody have any idea what I am dealing with. I'm just an electronics hobbyist and flying by the seat of my pants getting a lot of rug burn. LOLL

Comment

So...I have a FPD1975 and it failed due to capacitors on the Inverter board then during disassembly I accidently broke original board that came with the monitor...and went to replace it with a new one. The new board has all the capacitors replaced and upgraded. Then as i went to install the inverter board...it didnt set right and as i screwed it in it started to crack. I reset it and bolted it back in...then went to continue and powered it up and it worked with no problems for like 2 seconds then shut off...T_T I realized that i hadnt grounded the inverter board to the monitor (yes i know...hits forehead) So i went to re-do that then plug it in and now it will power for 1 second and shut off showing black.

I did some troubleshooting and realized that when i plug in the four bulb connectors to the inverter i get power no problem but second i plug in that one video wire that comes from the LCD it shorts out. Now i think its in relation to the fracture on the board since they are opposite sides of where the connection might be severed.

Has anybody had any issue like this before? Any info will help, im probably gonna run to radio shack to see if i can fix the crack and re-solder the connection and test again.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmanjohnson View Post
          I am having the same headache with this monitor that was given to me about a year ago. When I first received the monitor it was DOA. So I opened it up and found several bad caps and replaced them. Put it back together and viola I had a beautiful 19 LCD monitor.

Then after about a year of enjoyment it starts taking longer and longer amounts of time to exit out of sleep mode until eventually it wouldn't even display a power light. So for about 3 weeks now I have been hunting for info online, using my old CRT standby, and stumbled onto this site.

Lots of great info thank you.

I read the post about the 25x47 cap and changed it to a 25x100 and I am now getting a power light. The only problem is that it takes about 2 minutes after plugging it in for the light to come on. During that 2 minutes I can hear what sounds like the lamps quietly filling up with water. Then they go quiet as though they are full. Shortly after they go quiet the power light comes on but no lamp light.

Just a little more history before I lost the power light, during the time it was slow coming out of sleep mode it didn't flicker at all and when it did power back on it was a bright and clear screen.

Does anybody have any idea what I am dealing with. I'm just an electronics hobbyist and flying by the seat of my pants getting a lot of rug burn. LOLL
          What caps did you use as replacements?
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
          • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
          • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
          • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050
            2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Thanks for the help guys found four bad caps. Monitor is up and running.

Comment

Just another thanks on a great thread. I took the time to read it and it paid off again. 3 monitors fix same issue, no power. lack of consistant 5 volts, changed out the 47uf 25v cap and all is well in Gateway Land.

Comment

Signed up just to say Thank you! Got a one of these monitors given to me by the local computer repair place today for scrap. I googled the monitor and problem and led me here. 1hr, a few caps I scavanged from some motherboards, and a big smile later the monitor is up and running perfectly.

Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by capamatic View Post
                  Didn`t have to look far for the cause of the res. problem

Looks like the recap put paid to the Vreg, assisted by a failing cap.

Burned Vreg.

Marked as A1SB then 51 rotated, doesn`t reveal much. Probably a manufacturers No. and impossible to trace, let alone find a replacement.

So if anyone has a VBoard (200-100-GJ912W) or source for one, I`d appreciate a pointer.

I have found a 1975w with this exact problem. Q8 is burned out. Has anyone found a replacement for this part? Would a SSM3J332R work ?
                  Would also like to know what caused this failure.

Comment

That looks to me like a switched transistor for supplying switched B+ to the T-CON board. more likely to be MOSFET. You should check and see if there are any shorted circuits on the T-CON board.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                    X