Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element E4SFT551 Charred power board

Hi
    I don't usually acquire ELEMENT TVs, but this one is "Smart TV" 4k, and FREE!

took it home and found a black section on the power board. Not sure it's worth investing in this TV at all. has anyone had any experience with this TV or Power supply?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jason123; 10-05-2018, 12:22 PM.

Re: Element E4SFT551 Charred power board

I think it would be better to find a replacement for the power supply. Even if you replace the burnt items I bet there will be more bad ones that are not visibly damaged.
    Also check the mainboard for visible burnt marks.
    Good luck!

Comment

It might be repairable, hard part would be finding out the component values, but shopjimmy has the power supply for $29.00

Comment

if board view is available it may be fixable .. how many layers to the board ?

Comment

looks like a single layer board

Comment

Resistors shorting like out like that are usually an indication of a more serious problem. Considering they're using CapXon caps that should tell a little about the design/quality of this board. RJ's $29.00 suggestion is a pretty good gamble.

Comment

Just to complicate life, I ordered the correct Power supply board, MP5055-4K1, and the seller accidentally sent me MP5055-4K1C, though the auction photo shows the correct board. I'm attaching a photo of the ad photo (correct board I have) and what I received. It looks like the board I received only has one backlight LED connector, and a couple of differences (jumpers vs. resistors).. does anyone know the differences between these boards? Can I modify the MP5055-4K1C to be MP5055-4K1?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi all.. Replaced the power board and the TV is working great. Thank you for the help!

Comment

What power supply did you use?

Comment

Did you modify the new board to the old or did you simply replace the old with the new???

Comment

Working...
                    X