Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia NS-LCD37 Black looks green

Hello,

Pitch black scenes look green. other colors and shades of grey seem OK.
    From the bit of searching I have done most suggest reseating the LVDS cable which I plan on trying, but if that doesnt help what is likely the problem..bad t-con and/or panel?

thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Insignia NS-LCD37 Black looks green

Looks like a gamma issue. Most likely a T-con issue and my guess is that you have one with an AS15 chip on it (highly prone to failure). I'd need to see pictures of your T-con to determine. This model can have 1 of a dozen or so T-con boards.

Comment

Test your tcon, here's a nice how to if needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZZwb35ou_Y

Comment

I ended up buying a T-Con on eBay and it helped very little with the green problem.
        Before a black screen was totally green now it is black with lots of green dots in it.
        With the eBay T-Con I have a new problem that whites now look light purple/pinkish.

Also with both T-Cons I have a vertical line on the left side of the screen and several diagonal lines.

I will test the t-con when I take the TV back apart (rookie mistake..put it back together too soon).

The model of my T-Con is CPT370WA03C 4C2..I attached a pic of 1 like mine from shopjimmy.

thanks for the link to the testing video
        Attached Files

Comment

I returned the ebay t-con and bought another 1 from a different seller on ebay.
          The second t-con was listed as a CPT370WA03C 4C2, but when I received it it was in fact a 4C and not 4C2 (part number in the white box on the t-con) needless to say I tried it anyway, but still have the same problem.
          Could not being the exact same part number be the problem?

I'm thinking the problem is with the board that attaches the t-con to the pannel in which case probably is not fixable?

I forgot to say in my original post how this problem got started. My better half used a vacuum to dust the back of the TV and right after is when the problem started. Must have killed the TV with static discharge.

I tried watching that YouTube video about testing t-cons but was unsure where the correct location was for the test points on my t-con..I dont see anything labeled vgma..

thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

I tried measuring all the test points I could find on the t-con. they all showed voltages ranging from 1.1v all the way up to 11.2..I have no idea what the correct values should be as I am a noob.

I tried disconnecting 2 of the ribbon cables at a time from one side of the t-con and powering on.
            With the left 2 cables unhooked the left side of the screen starts up in what looks like some kind of a greyscale pattern that eventually turns all black while the right side is green (should be black).
            With the right side disconnected the right side is solid black and the left side is white witch a bunch of vertical lines.

Does this sound like a bad panel? or maybe something on the driver boards that are tab bonded to the panel? or could it still be a problem in the gamma circuit?

thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Could try a factory reset, might not help but won't hurt any.

Comment

Factory reset didn't help..also saw some youtube videos that suggested reseating the LVDS cable, tried that and it didn't help.

I think when the vacuum was used to dust the top vents in the TV that it must have shorted something in the panel or the board(s) that are tab bonded to the panel.

anything else to try?

thanks

Comment

Don't know, I usually blow mine out with a leaf blower, never had a problem like this.

Comment

your "vacuum person" might have done some "window washing" also... maybe :-(

Normally, when one disconnects a cable (or two) from the tcon to panel, that disconnected side gets "pure white screen" while the other side would continue to show a picture. You almost get that from one of the "tests" but the opposite side is not close.

It would appear that there are issues with the edge boards which are connected to the panel. You might want to inspect them to see if you notice any signs of "contamination" in and around contacts especially near the panel. It is not looking good though.

Comment

thanks budwich.

Yep I'm going to test the panel driver boards (or atleast to the best of my lack of ability lol).
                      While trying to search for info on youtube i've seen videos showing bypassing the gamma chip using jumper wires..unfortunately the audio is not in English or I'd give it a try as a last resort.

Comment

Working...
                      X