Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

Maybe someone here can help me. I bought an Vizio m70-c3 on craigslist for $175 that needed backlights. It had a beautiful picture just really dim in some spots. Tested the leds and alot were out. Ordered some from shopjimmy and put everything back together and now the pic is screwed up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

That's mura, not fixable, but may be caused by the failed gate driver on the right side of the panel. Panel and tcon manufactured by sharp.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Take a better picture of the screen if you can. Looks as if the right side gate driver with that white band goes all the way across the screen is the area that is badd

Comment

You should not pay more then $20 to $50 for a faulty tv , please dont pay $175

Comment

It had none of these problems when I bought it. Was just a little dim in spots.
          Last edited by sawilson; 02-12-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Comment

replacing LEDs in 60 and bigger displays is a time consuming job that takes a lot of patience and temperament. buying one for more than $30 is not advise-able in my opinion. your set is probable parts now
              Last edited by ajshoe; 02-12-2018, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                Take a better picture of the screen if you can. Looks as if the right side gate driver with that white band goes all the way across the screen is the area that is badd
                I've been reading your posts about peeling off the tabs from the panel. Do you think this could help?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                  That's mura, not fixable, but may be caused by the failed gate driver on the right side of the panel. Panel and tcon manufactured by sharp.
                  Read where you spoke of putting a video on Youtube on their removal. Did you ever post that video. Will try all I can to fix this. Just need some help/direction in doing so. Thanks in advance.

Comment

how did you handle removing the LCD screen? do you have the suction cups?

Comment

Originally posted by ecking767 View Post
                      how did you handle removing the LCD screen? do you have the suction cups?
                      Yes, had two of them. Removed very gently.

Comment

Originally posted by sawilson View Post
                        I've been reading your posts about peeling off the tabs from the panel. Do you think this could help?

Yes it appears that this is your only saving grace now.

Comment

I'll try anything. Did you ever post that step by step video? I looked for it on Youtube but couldn't find anything. Want to give myself the best possibility for success. How do i determine which side to take off?

Comment

Could have pinched the tabs when setting the screen back on...take off the plastic piece that holds the panel on that side and see if it clears up

Comment

Had a video on YouTube but for some reason it was removed.

Comment

Ive taken off the piece that fits over the panel and checked all cables, no improvement. Ive got the back off now and its on its stands. I can get to everything if needed. Just not sure where to start or on which side.

Comment

Take off the right side while in front of the screen.

Comment

No heat needed just gently pull each tab away from the panel like you're peeling tape off of something. Start from the top and work your way to the bottom both side boards (upper and lower) all cables on that side. When you're done you will have to boards connected by a ribbon with all the ribbons hanging off the boards Like you saw in my pictures on my post they were sitting on the tile

Comment

Thanks so much for the guidance. I'll take pictures here in a minute and post just to make sure I'm correct.

Comment

Pictures taken. Now, I have 4 small boards (2 sets of 2connecte by an mid ribbon) attached to the bottom of the panel. These are connected by 4 ribbons coming of the boards on back of TV. Do I peel off the ribbons on the far right of the papan, 5th pic?
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by sawilson; 02-14-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X