• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid P40LED13 powers up then shuts down

just saved another tv from the tip, and again asking for help to fix it
    Polaroid P40LED13
    Vestel boards
    Power board 17IPS20
    When TV is powered up it starts up normally with a picture, after about 5 seconds it shuts down then restarts and shuts down as if in a loop
    Just taken the back off nothing obvious standing out as a fault
    I suspect power board fault but may be wrong, you guys know a lot more than me.
    or is it possible for a failing led on the backlight to cause this.
    will post pictures of boards in a few mins as soon as i get them off phone onto computer

Re: Polaroid P40LED13 powers up then shuts down

Hey before I help can you update some of your other threads ? Also you watched my 17MB82-2 repair video ? Also this is not a Psu failure its the firmware at fault or an Led failure. I can link repair video if you want.
    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 06-13-2016, 02:37 PM.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

P40LED13 Pics
      Attached Files

Comment

back of power board
        Attached Files

Comment

think all my other threads were updated will check them

Comment

Here is a link to the repair video should fix the fault:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kPCisa9BYkk

Check on google for 17mb82 core update folder to download it then follow video.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

is there any way of checking backlight leds without dismantling screen and checking each led in turn

Comment

Backlights wont cause the set to trip honestly your mb is at fault for sure.

Comment

update !!!! downloaded core update onto usb, reloaded and tv has started up and seems to be working ok, not checked HDMI etc yet but tv is staying on now. Only thing I have noticed up to now is the on screen menu is different. Thanks Reece

Comment

Yay nice nice, now factory reset it though the menu and reinstall the whole lot. Then turn the backlight down to low to stop the Leds burning out. Also yes the menu will be different as its an updated one with less boot up glitches.

Comment

Bit premature I still have a problem with this TV
                      Just caught it but after some time on maybe 15 20 minutes the tv is loosing its picture as shown in photo, speakers make a loud shrieking noise then it shuts down and reboots again working.
                      I have done a factory reset from menu, turned backlight and brightness down,and also rebooted from usb update again, still shutting down after some time
                      Could this still be software or some other problem.
                      When is on seems fine picture is good

Comment

pics showing tv working and at point of shutdown
                        Attached Files

Comment

i am thinking some component getting hot and shutting it down ???

Comment

The Cpu might be overheating has it got the thermal pad under it ? I had one where someone removed the Cpu cooling pad causing the set to shutdown as the Cpu got too hot. Also check all screws are in and wires tightly pushed in.
                            Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 06-14-2016, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Heres one I did, the thermal pad was removed under the Pcb so I replaced that and adding a heatsink to the chip too. It gets hot and with no thermal pad it will overheat and crash the set.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 06-14-2016, 06:36 AM.

Comment

will try adding a heatsink now

Comment

Use silicon thermal plaster to mount it. Before though check if there is a thermal pad under the board.

Comment

refitted thermal pad under board and fitted a heatsink on top of chip with thermal paste, still shutting down after 10 15 minutes

Comment

can you isolate what part/area is causing it too shut down using heat or freeze spray

Comment

hi have just been applying heat from hairdryer over boards not created a shutdown, tv is on now just waiting for it to shutdown when it feels like it

Comment

Working...
                                        X