Samsung HPT5054....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung HPT5054....

Yes, control board/logic board. No that would be rather uncommon to lose all those boards at the same time.

If you had a scope I suppose you could check the waveforms but I couldn't help you with that.

Maybe someone could respond if it's safe to run the set with only one buffer installed at a time because I don't remember. That would help rule out the buffers as a source of the problem but I still don't think they are.

I still think you have a bad ymain followed second by a control board. One is cheaper that the other to rule out first.

Comment

Originally posted by awyatt2 View Post
      these buffer boards usually fail and blow the ymain. I got one here that needs ymain and buffers.
      I have all the boards for this set, if any one needs them just Pm me! If you can't get your set running, could use power supply!
      Last edited by rccrasher65; 05-19-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Guys/mmartell,

Well so its been sitting on my test bench area until this morning when I decided to plug everything back in and run through voltage tests once more before buying the logic board.

As I was measuring things a Y buffer IC just popped. TV had not been on more than 5 minutes...but probably the longest times its been on. I was not measuring anything but previously was measuring the Xmain\Power Supply voltages. Heard slightly high pitch I grabbed the cord and it was to late.

Now the Y Scan light is back on.

So this is certainly a set back.

Not sure if I should question the Y Buffers replacements from China in the first place...Guy said it was compatible even in his ad. Not sure if the Y Sustain is crap I got from the Ebay guy 100%. Than the Logic Board is still a possibility.

With that said...been looking at a 4K 50 inch for less than $200 to my door. Not to mention they are clearancing out TVs at our local Walmarts and I bet I can easily beat the $200 price as I saw 43's and 46's under $150. 32 inches are well under $100...actually saw one for $75 and I almost bought it as a impulse buy for an extra TV.

I hate to see this thing to go to the landfill.

So the question is I am in this thing about $100 at this point between Y Sustain and Y Buffers....and its a first for me not getting things running.

I guess it boils down to knowledge and questions;

1) From what I described above and previously is the Panel for certain good?

2) Whats the chances the Y buffers are the only thing bad?...Is the Y Sustain toast?...Its not doing the rolling relay.

3) Is there a source for New Buffers boards...or a good place to get Y buffers repaired?...I have seen some on ebay that give 60 day warranties...Others?

4) Could the new buffer been my issue I have seen most recently?

Thanks
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonMan View Post
          Guys/mmartell,

Well so its been sitting on my test bench area until this morning when I decided to plug everything back in and run through voltage tests once more before buying the logic board.

As I was measuring things a Y buffer IC just popped. TV had not been on more than 5 minutes...but probably the longest times its been on. I was not measuring anything but previously was measuring the Xmain\Power Supply voltages. Heard slightly high pitch I grabbed the cord and it was to late.

Now the Y Scan light is back on.

So this is certainly a set back.

Not sure if I should question the Y Buffers replacements from China in the first place...Guy said it was compatible even in his ad. Not sure if the Y Sustain is crap I got from the Ebay guy 100%. Than the Logic Board is still a possibility.

With that said...been looking at a 4K 50 inch for less than $200 to my door. Not to mention they are clearancing out TVs at our local Walmarts and I bet I can easily beat the $200 price as I saw 43's and 46's under $150. 32 inches are well under $100...actually saw one for $75 and I almost bought it as a impulse buy for an extra TV.

I hate to see this thing to go to the landfill.

So the question is I am in this thing about $100 at this point between Y Sustain and Y Buffers....and its a first for me not getting things running.

I guess it boils down to knowledge and questions;

1) From what I described above and previously is the Panel for certain good?

2) Whats the chances the Y buffers are the only thing bad?...Is the Y Sustain toast?...Its not doing the rolling relay.

3) Is there a source for New Buffers boards...or a good place to get Y buffers repaired?...I have seen some on ebay that give 60 day warranties...Others?

4) Could the new buffer been my issue I have seen most recently?

Thanks
          Chris
          I have all the original working boards for this set, if you choose to still repair yours, if not I could use the working power supply. with all your recent problems you'll have to start all over with the testing, starting with your buffer boards, you might have not damaged the y-sus.

Comment

Yes remember you can check the state of the ysus by running without both buffers and checking for the green light.

I find these older sets to be not worth repairing due to the cost of the buffer/ysus combination if needed.

Sometimes these are hard to pinpoint the root cause so the rest is up to you.

Comment

Hello Again,

I got confirmation that the Y Buffers work in the following TVs from the Y buffer seller ...it was on official Letter Head of Samsung of America. (Bad looking Copy (looked like old fax almost) but I could make out the following;

The following TVs were compatible with the Y Buffers I bought...

HPT5054X/XAAHPT5034X/XAC AK03HPT5034X/XAC EK04HPT5034X/XAC SP13HPT5034X/XAC AM17HPT5034X/XAC AK15HPT5034X/XAC BK02HPT5034X/XAC SK01HPT5034X/XAC EM08HPT5034X/XAC SM16HPT5034X/XAC SM05HPT5034X/XAC SK14HPT5034X/XAC BM06HPT5034X/XAC AM07HPT5054X/XAC SM05HPT5054X/XAC BK02HPT5054X/XAC SP13HPT5054X/XAC AK15HPT5054X/XAC SM16HPT5054X/XAC AK03HPT5054X/XAC EM08HPT5054X/XAC SK01HPT5054X/XAC AM07HPT5054X/XAC BM06HPT5054X/XAC SK14HPT5054X/XAC 0001HPT5054X/XAC AM17HPT5054X/XAC EK04HPT5064X/XAC BK02HPT5064X/XAC SK01HPT5064X/XAC SK08HPT5064X/XAC SM09HPT5064X/XAC 0001HPT5064X/XAC BM04HPT5064X/XAC SM03HPT5064X/XAC SP07PS50Q97HD

My TV is the HPT5054X/XAA (first samsung one).

So with that said..I have requested a video from ebay seller...showing the ysustain running (he mentioned he had it in his ebay ad) then I am done with the TV if he delivers...I will through him a good rating...as the panel is more than likely toast.and this is over as I will sell off all the boards/stand/remote/all original paperwork and just trash the panel.

I am confident the X main, PSU,Main board are fine.

The Y Sustainn I will throw in the older buffers to see if light remains on...I will remove all buffers try it...and I will go thru the testing of the mosfets etc that the samsung manual suggest but will disclose I have not had much luck with it and reduce it down substantially.

Of course the remote,stand, etc will be for sale as good used.

Thanks
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonMan View Post
                Hello Again,

I got confirmation that the Y Buffers work in the following TVs from the Y buffer seller ...it was on official Letter Head of Samsung of America. (Bad looking Copy (looked like old fax almost) but I could make out the following;

The following TVs were compatible with the Y Buffers I bought...

HPT5054X/XAAHPT5034X/XAC AK03HPT5034X/XAC EK04HPT5034X/XAC SP13HPT5034X/XAC AM17HPT5034X/XAC AK15HPT5034X/XAC BK02HPT5034X/XAC SK01HPT5034X/XAC EM08HPT5034X/XAC SM16HPT5034X/XAC SM05HPT5034X/XAC SK14HPT5034X/XAC BM06HPT5034X/XAC AM07HPT5054X/XAC SM05HPT5054X/XAC BK02HPT5054X/XAC SP13HPT5054X/XAC AK15HPT5054X/XAC SM16HPT5054X/XAC AK03HPT5054X/XAC EM08HPT5054X/XAC SK01HPT5054X/XAC AM07HPT5054X/XAC BM06HPT5054X/XAC SK14HPT5054X/XAC 0001HPT5054X/XAC AM17HPT5054X/XAC EK04HPT5064X/XAC BK02HPT5064X/XAC SK01HPT5064X/XAC SK08HPT5064X/XAC SM09HPT5064X/XAC 0001HPT5064X/XAC BM04HPT5064X/XAC SM03HPT5064X/XAC SP07PS50Q97HD

My TV is the HPT5054X/XAA (first samsung one).

So with that said..I have requested a video from ebay seller...showing the ysustain running (he mentioned he had it in his ebay ad) then I am done with the TV if he delivers...I will through him a good rating...as the panel is more than likely toast.and this is over as I will sell off all the boards/stand/remote/all original paperwork and just trash the panel.

I am confident the X main, PSU,Main board are fine.

The Y Sustainn I will throw in the older buffers to see if light remains on...I will remove all buffers try it...and I will go thru the testing of the mosfets etc that the samsung manual suggest but will disclose I have not had much luck with it and reduce it down substantially.

Of course the remote,stand, etc will be for sale as good used.

Thanks
                Chris
                I'd be interested in the Power supply for reasonable price!

Comment

SolomonMan any news on weather you are parting out tv, or not. I'm interested in the power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by rccrasher65 View Post
                    SolomonMan any news on weather you are parting out tv, or not. I'm interested in the power supply.
                    More than likely at this point we are parting out...I picked up a Vizio 50 inch UHD 4K Smart TV for $209.

The fellow on the Y Sustain is traveling currently (vacation) and says I should part out...but I would like to see that video...before parting out...says when he gets back to town he will shoot me the video...

Says it will be after next week...Not holding my breathe...lol...

Thanks
                    Chris

Comment

No problem, I'm in no hurry, interested in power supply.let me know when, I'll check thread daily. Thanks!

Comment

No problem, I'm in no hurry, interested in power supply.let me know when, I'll check thread daily. Thanks!
                        If anyone can help, my power supply does not produce any VS voltage, VA, and all others are present, need to know what to look at and test, will post pics later this evening. Thanks. Set is the Samsung HTP5054.

Comment

If anyone can help, my power supply does not produce any VS voltage, VA, and all others are present, need to know what to look at and test, will post pics later this evening. Thanks. Set is the Samsung HTP5054.
                          anyone have any idea's where to start!

Comment

Any update, on a timeline, as to when you may be selling the boards. interested in power supply.

Comment

anyone have any idea's where to start!
                              Start by posting which board you have BN44-00xxxx Then check the other threads for this model or your board number.
                              The board requires a VS_ON command is it threre?
                              Shopjimmy has a repair kit for these boards, have a look at the kit and check the parts on your board, IE shorted fets etc.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                Start by posting which board you have BN44-00xxxx Then check the other threads for this model or your board number.
                                The board requires a VS_ON command is it threre?
                                Shopjimmy has a repair kit for these boards, have a look at the kit and check the parts on your board, IE shorted fets etc.
                                BN44-00160A. The two fets are shorted. ordered the kit from shop jimmy. All voltages are present except for VS. TV has sound. I have 3 of theses sets. Tested my remaining boards in other working set and all are fine. I will remove fets this evening. thanks for your help.

Comment

Any updates on the power supply!

Comment

any update on when your selling boards? interested in power supply!

Comment

Working...
                                    X