• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55UB820V 4K Powers up but No Backlight

voltage at dr on pin is 1.56v and stays at 1.56v when backlights turn off

Comment

i wonder if the voltage is too low budm maybe able too advise but with this mainboard atleast the dr on voltage stays on when backlights go off so possible failed/failing led maybe budm has some thoughts

Comment

Update:: sourced a replacement backlight from a new tv broken screen in transit. collecting it this evening.
        In anticipation of fitting the replacement backlight assembly I have again stripped my screen to remove the suspect backlight and have found 1 led not working, I have just replaced the open led and the backlights now come on and stay on,no screen panel fitted though
        So I assume once the replacement backlight is fitted all should be well, fingers crossed

Comment

yes lets hope the replacement leds fixes your issue.

Comment

TV is now back together and working with my original led's after replacing the open led, The replacement backlight did not fit my tv,
            My screen is LC550EQE replacement screen is also LC550EQE but backlight fitted in the replacement screen is slightly different, ie screw mounting holes slightly different positions, and five less led's on replacement screen.

Comment

Glad it was a easy fix lg leds do seem too fail a lot remember too turn the backlights down may help save the other leds

Comment

With LG you may have to turn the backlights setting to 65 for ALL the inputs.

Comment

Yes have turned backlights down to 70, watching the tv now still fine

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

for anyone following this thread, i have same issue, but i got brand new LED strips from LEDBarz here in the UK, all the LEDs and string test ok but DR on is missing. now i jumped 3.5v standby to DR_on and the backlights fire up when tv is switched on. is it safe to leave this cable jumped or will it cause damage ? any help appreciated thanks.

and also the tv is stuck on LG screen, does it need a replacement main ?
                      Last edited by Mikeyboy2007; 03-12-2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X