Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another sick Vestel

Hi all.
    A friend handed me a not-so-old Vestel effort- local supermarket branded sh*te.
    It has a 17IPS71 PSU and a 17MB82S main board.

The report was 'Flashing LED'.

Before even plugging it in, I whipped the back off to see if there were any of the usual cracked/swollen cap's, shorted diodes etc., but there was nothing obvious. So I powered it up, hit the power button on the side and sure enough, the standby LED started flashing away. But, after 6 flashes, I noticed the backlight showing through the holes on the metal backplate, the set had started up! I popped a source into HDMI and everything looked fine. I left it running for 1/2 hour or so, gave it a good shake about, checked voltages here & there and everything seemed quite stable. Put it to standby, then it wouldn't start up again. LED flashing in blocks of 5, and a slight hiss/squeal from the PS (which wasn't there before- I notice these things), modulating slightly in time with the flashes. Tried freezer spray, leaving it overnight, still won't go.
    I know it's not worth spending much time, money or effort on but as it's a friend.... you know how it is!

The voltages measured at the inked points are:

Stby; Trying to start (flashing led)

1) 12, 12
    2) 30, 32
    3) -55, -70
    4) 29.7, 31.6

Here are more pic's of its innards.

Any hints would be much appreciated, TIA :-)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Trevtron; 05-30-2017, 05:51 AM.

Re: Another sick Vestel

Firmware easy would took you 5 seconds to diagnose if you researched, use MB82 core up date follow my posts job done
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

maybe worth trying this
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPCisa9BYkk

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
        Firmware easy would took you 5 seconds to diagnose if you researched, use MB82 core up date follow my posts job done
        Reece im trying too advise in another thread same motherboard can you use the MB82 core up date on a set that has a built in dvd player because the person was concerned it wouldnt work after the update, also reece do you advise changing the eeprom/spi flash ics? too make the repair last longer? i also couldnt remember if its one or two ics you need too change if you do replace them.

Comment

hiss/squeal from the PS sounds like more than just software.
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Big thanks to @ReeceyBurger123, @vinceroger69 and @dskall.
            Set now OK again following the instructions on Reece's yt video.
            The PS noise threw me- I guess it was making the noise all along, I just didn't hear it with the back on.

Comment

Working...
            X