Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P60ST30

Hello,

I'd appreciate the help of someone with expertise on this TV. I downloaded the troubleshooting guide and I'm getting absolutely no power (No 5V Stby).. I'm actually not getting any activity on the TV at all (no blinking lights, no clicking, ...)

On the troubleshooting guide, i see that my Power board is vastly different than the one shown. Does anyone have a troubleshooting guide for this specific TV? I'm concerned that when they say 5VSTBY is on P6 pin 6, that it's different on mine? No labels on the board (at least the visible side) to see what voltages are where.

Assuming the guide is accurate, I have several power boards connected together. Which one would I replace? Any schematics out there?
    Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TC-P60ST30

Does anyone know what this lamp like G101 on the lower card supposed to be? Is this a gas discharge tube? should it be shorted or open?

Comment

Yes thats a gas discharge tube and yes it will measure open. With power of measure the resistance of the 2 white ceramic resistors 3.9Ω and 3.3Ω.
      Do you get any relay click when you apply power? You should have STB+5V on P6 pin6
      with your meter on a/c volts place one probe on neutral and the other on F103, you should have 120v ac if not it's likely thos resistors R103 or R123 are open, probably R103 and if it is open I would replace S102 relay also
      Last edited by R_J; 06-16-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

No, I get absolutely no life.

Comment

I gave you a couple things to check, likely that resistor is open. You did check the fuses correct?

Comment

The fuses are all good. I will check resistors shortly. Thank you

Comment

R_J... Looks like R103 is reading 3.5 and R123 is reading 4.1 Ohm. No clicks / Relay activity

Comment

maybe start by measuring the a/c coming into the lower board at P9, next at P55, center pin to ▲ if you have 120 vac up to there, check the small smd fuse F501 on the back of the power supply near P56
                You could also see if you have any DCV across C401 68uf/450v cap
                Last edited by R_J; 06-16-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I have 120 all the way up to P56. 120 AC is also present on both sides of the large fuse. ~159 VDC across C401. Haven't checked the F501 yet.. I'm assuming I have to disconnect the board, so i'll wait for it to discharge first.

Comment

Do you have dc voltage across C362 1800uf/63v I believe the standby ic is under the silver heatsink next to [LIVE CIRCUT]
                    Also have a close look at the blue disc cap C404, check it for cracks or burn marks
                    It is likely the standby ic is bad.
                    Last edited by R_J; 06-16-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

No dc across c362.
                      C404 looks alright
                      Attached Files

Comment

What resistace do you get if you measure across pins 1 & 2 of the i401 ic and check the resistance of R414 it might be open, it supplies the B+ to the ic
                        You can check its resistance by checking between J33 jumper wire and any of the green resistors (using the lead next to the transformer)
                        Last edited by R_J; 06-16-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

0.1 ohm to full short.
                          So resistance from j33 and either side of the green resistors is high / open
                          Last edited by jason123; 06-16-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

What is 0.1Ω the ic pins 1 & 2 or the resistor? If that is for the resistor, thats good, if it's the ic thats bad.
                            Last edited by R_J; 06-16-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I401 pin 1 to 2 is short. Resistance between j33 and green resistors leads is open

Comment

Thats why there is no standby, ic is shorted and opened fuse resistor.

Comment

So i need to replace the ic and fused resistor? Is this doable or components are not available?

And by the way, thank you so much for the help. Much appreciated
                                  Last edited by jason123; 06-16-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

The parts should be common, the resistor should have a value marked on it, the heatsink will need to be removed to id the ic, I don't know its number but it is likely common.
                                    Last edited by R_J; 06-16-2018, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much again R_J!

Comment

no problem, post the number of that ic and resistor if you get a chance

Comment

Working...
                                        X