X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everybody,
    I'm from Bulgaria, a 5-year deal with electronics, my first computer was P3.Nice forum.

Regards.Georgi.

Comment

Hiya, Ron here, no real qualifications atm(working on it), I tinker alot, came here looking for advice on an lcd I've got, Found I can't post, or post replies to other peoples problems I know the fix for :/

Comment

I am a computer technician with 10 years experience. I have been fixing electronics in general for 6 months now. I have learned alot and willing to learn more.

Comment

My name is Mohamed from somalia and looking forward to learning and teaching what i know

Comment

Hi my name is Dan and have been in the hardware and firmware biz
            since the 8085 days whew. Decided to start repairing some of the broken
            flat screens and keep them out of the landfills. Impressed by the
            professionalism of this forum. May make mistakes but be gentle.

D

Comment

Time to introduce myself I guess...

I'm Ryan, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I've been a computer tech all my life, got into doing some PC board repairs when we started getting a lot of boards with blown caps. Fixed more of those than I care to remember.

Eventually I got my hands on a Samsung LCD that wouldn't power on, figured what the hell, let's take a peek, and oh look, more bad caps on the power board. Hmm maybe this TV stuff would be interesting to get into...

More recently I managed to resurrect a Panasonic TC-P65VT25 with some info from Tom66's excellent post " A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems". Turned out to be a loose connection to the SC board. Minor effort for such a nice TV, color accuracy on this thing really is amazing, but I could go on about that for some time.

Now I've gotten my hands on an LG that's having some troubles, so here we go again...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                More recently I managed to resurrect a Panasonic TC-P65VT25 with some info from Tom66's excellent post " A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems".
                Wow that one kinda got away on me. What I meant to say was, with some help from Tom66's guide, I was able to trace the problem to a bad connection.

I do owe many thanks for that guide...

Comment

Hello my name is Brian I started picking up broken electronics and taking them apart for scrap. I really don't like butchering things that may be useful. I would like to start repairing and parting out useful parts. I was looking for a way to diagnose a tv when I found this site. I hope it will help I will ask my question about it when I can post since I am new.

Comment

Hi i just wanted to say ho to everybody,i can see this is a great place to for newbies

Comment

Hi I'm new and just trying to fix my polaroid plasma tv PLA 5048

Comment

Hello! My name is Cynthia from America. I love technology but have no formal training in it, I enjoy learning from the internet though. I joined because I'm trying to fix a vizio tv known to have problems, and knowing nothing about tv's I'm ready for the challenge!

Comment

Names amp!
                          Hello all! Computer network engineer with a habit of bringing things back from the dead. Started with PCs and networks and it led to gaming consoles, cellphones all the way to board level repairs.

Comment

Hello! i'm Manu from Italy. I'm in computer biz since 2005, and in the last 2 years I have deepened my theory on electronics, this forum is the confirmation that there is still much to learn! good job to all!

Comment

Hi, hoping for help fixing an old LG LCD I have.

Comment

Hi,
                                I have built and repaired PCs for years on a 'hobbyist' basis, and I occasional brandish a soldering iron. But I happened upon badcaps while looking for info on how to fix my TV.

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm a hobbyist PC builder and aspiring repairman. I love to work with my hands but have never really gotten into the hardware side of things, mostly venturing into the software domain.

I look forward to being a part of the community : )

Comment

Hello I found my way here trying to diagnose my broken television. Google and Youtube pointed me to this forum. It is a wealth of information. Hopefully, in time, I will be able to resolve my television problems.

Comment

hello, i'm little bit quiet, only watching and learning from others...

Comment

Hi there,

I am an Electrical Engineer and have recently began to tinker with fixing things around the house (I just purchased a house 1 year ago!). I work in a steel mill in Pittsburgh (yes they still do exist) and have taken troubleshooting skills learned on the job and put them into action at home. I've been pretty successful fixing a washing machine, generator, and even a flash drive, but I've been having a lot of trouble with a broken TV that my brother asked me to fix.

I look forward to seeing if the members on this site can help me out. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wazthatsmell
                                          got badcaps..bummer
                                          Hi, my name is CJC or just James or Big Cat I use to weight 320 lbs. 5' 8" I started repairing TV in 1964 when my mother called the TV Man to repair her TV. I watch and he Repaired when he left and my mother was gone, I took the back off and unprepared it. I took all the tubes out and didn't put them in the right order. My mother came home to make me take my cloths off and beat my rear: whip: and said I would get another one every hour that the TV was broken. While I only got one more whipping: whip: before I repaired it. In 1972 I graduated from MSOE College Applied Science Degree where I leaned basis Electronics. And worked in in the Uncle TV Shop.

Comment

Working...
                                          X