Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with writing to 93C46

Hello everyone,
    through my internet research i came upon a post with you mentioning that you've done some work on odometer reprograming.
    I am currently in the process of doing that to overcome the dreadfull toyota matrix 299.999km stop, I have desoldered the old eeprom (93C46),
    I have a couple of empty 93C46 chips that i want to copy the contents of the original and modify it and replace it, im doing so because the old chip is brittle and i dont wish to use it
    It should be noted that the old chip is ST 93C46W(x) last character is scratched, and the new chip is AT93C46

I used an old Windows XP system and a diy serial interface with ponyprog software to communicate with the chip and was able to save the dump and decode the reading and what needs to be modified

The problem began when i attempted to write onto the new chips and kept getting a write failed error, and due to my limited knowledge in the field i decided that its time to get a propper eeprom reader and writer and i got myself a cheap CH341A, but there was no propper documentation on how to use it and what software to use for that programmer and this is where i am right now

If any of you can please point me to the right path or give me any guidance that could help me get this job done asap i would really appreciate it

Thank you

Re: Help with writing to 93C46

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=ch341a the last post has the software file
    Some info here also https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67183
    Last edited by R_J; 07-25-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

if your getting write errors then maybe you also had read errors - and didnt know.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        if your getting write errors then maybe you also had read errors - and didnt know.
        I did consider that as a possibility but I confirmed that my reading is correct for the older chip by comparing the KMs on the car with the reading and driving the car around to increase the reading and testing the new reading to see if it reflects the change

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        Thank you very much for the link, i guess i missed that in my search. but unfortunatly I am still unable to read the chip using the CH341A and i believe i know why, thanks to the english software you pointed me to, the chip options that i get are only 24/25 and 26 series, while my chip is a 93 series.
        Now all the website that sell this USB programmer module claim that it reads the 93 series but i have yet to figure out the propper way to do so, i have some speculations on how to do so but nothing have worked so far.

just to give an idea, here is the programmer:

as you can see on the bottom right corner there is labels to show were the 25 andthe 24 series chips go but nothing about the 93. and i have noticed on some russian websites that some people have moved the location of the jumper pin to the right by one pin, when i tried to do so, the computer reported the programmer as a new device labeld as "USB SERIAL CH341A", so i attempted to use the ponyprog software with but it, but no success unfortunatly or i just don't know how to do it right due to lack of experiance.

Still though, thank you for your help guys and hope to hear from you soon
        Attached Files

Comment

The ic might have the wrong pinout (Rotated)
          Some info here also: https://translate.google.com/transla...ml&prev=search
          Attached Files
          Last edited by R_J; 07-26-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I am sorry to bring up an old thread but I also have an issue writing to the same IC 93C46 SOIC 8

I am timing a car and need to replace the ecu due to water damage and I’m on the last part but need to turn the immo off and that hex is on the 93c46

I have removed the chip from the board and have purchased the SOIC 8 to 8 pin DIP ADAPTER and I am using the QQ-4x4 programmer. I insert the chip in the adapter and adapter to the programmer main ZIF socket pin 20/21 positions.

I managed to get a good read in this slot and then I managed to erase the chip. When I write to it I get a verify error at address 0xFF and csnnnot write the new file to it.

I assumed the chip was damaged or corrupt so purchased a batch of 10, however, I experienced the same problem with a completely different chip.

I’m desperate for assistance as this is not my vehicle I was doing it as a favour and at the moment I’ve made it worse.

I have posted in the introduce yourself post and should be able to write a new thread, but it’s not working so I’m piggybacking on to this

Any help gratefully received

Comment

Are you sure the bitsize is correct? (8-bit vs 16-bit, also known as wordsize)
              "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                Are you sure the bitsize is correct? (8-bit vs 16-bit, also known as wordsize)
                Good question I'll look up the data sheet on them tomorrow. I managed to get a write and verify by rotating the adapter in the programmer but I still can't get the car started. Glow plug light solid on and no start

Comment

Working...
                X