• Show
Clear All

D-Link DIR-615 B2

DIR-615 HW Ver. B2 -FW 2.20 When Shipped

1 X Stone 10V 1000uF
    3 X Nippon-Chemicon 25V 220uF KY Series

marvell 99e6060-rcj1
    atheros ar5416-ac1a
    other chip covered by heatsink (aluminum/thermal pad)

I quickly took a few pics.. Should the Stone come out? Higher voltage replacement? Router works fine just havent had it running in a few months..

Thanks,
    Last edited by Yatti420; 08-09-2013, 02:12 PM.

Re: D-Link DIR-615 B2

You don't need to increase the voltage, Stone are just really crappy caps and prone to failure. I'd replace it with a KY cap, is this on the PSU or the mainboard of the switch?

Comment

Yes, replace Stone on site... They are completely unreliable and last only a very short time...

The D-Link adapters use Teapo I think so they're good for a year or two. If you're smart, you'll get a quality 5V 2.5a or 12v 1a adapter to run your router if you need a high level of reliability.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Wow.. Super fast responses .. Ok I will see about exact replacements.. I was just about to post about my xtreme gigabit DIR-655.. I don't know if I ended up hitting submit..

DLINK DIR-655 Extreme Gigabit HW Ver. B1 FW2.00NA when shipped.. Working.. Main Router

1 X 16V Lelon 1000uF
        5 X 6.3V Lelon 1000uF
        1 X 10V Lelon 100uF

All Lelon Caps? See Pics.. Would you pull them all or?

Is that a thermal pad on the main chip or a "pad" to hide the identity? Feels harder then a thermal pad..

Thanks,
        EDIT: Could if I put in a 16V if thats all if have still 1000uF?
        Last edited by Yatti420; 08-09-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Lelon, but which series? What are their dimensions (W x H)? No idea about the thermal pad.
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

My mistake Lelon RXW Series -

I'm just working on some pics quickly to put up..

Comment

Yeah you could put in a 16V cap. Unfortunately, Lelon caps are also of low quality. They would technically work, but who knows for how long

Comment

Re: D-Link DIR-615 B2 / DIR-655 B1

Thats what I thought about Lelon.. I think I saw some green ones in the hall of shame.. I've had the 655 for atleast 1.5 years and the 615 for 2-3 years.. All work.. I hooked a linksys back up that I recapped the other day.. Thought I would check all my other gear.. Unfortunately I got 1 more bad cap suspected bad cap on the linksys befsr41.. Probably gonna recap it for long term use..

DIR-615 B2

--

--

DIR-655 B1

--

Attached Files
                Last edited by Yatti420; 08-09-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah preventative recapping is always good Can't see those pictures very well, do you think you could reupload them using the attach function in the "Go Advanced" window?

Comment

I just uploaded.. Sorry not best quality ... Just snapped them quickly.. I need to find my iron..

I only have 1 x 16V 1000uF KZG or some 1000uF 16v Sanyo WG if they will fit.. Might be 2 tight.. For the 615 which I will start with..

Comment

KZG are extremely problematic too, a dud series from a great brand, also avoid KZJ (Doesn't it suck how many low quality caps are out there?) I would use the Sanyo if you can get it in there, those are very high quality

Comment

Ok.. I will see about the WG.. They will just fit if so.. Does any1 know the max size a dlink dir-655 will take?

I just went through my pulled dead caps.. Had a few in a jar.. KZG 6.3v 820uF.. Should I just junk the 16v 1000uF one I have? It was bought new.. Hasn't been tested..

WG seems a tad 2 big in the 615.. I may just wait until another time..
                        Last edited by Yatti420; 08-09-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                          If you're smart, you'll get a quality 5V 2.5a or 12v 1a adapter to run your router if you need a high level of reliability.
                          I'm running 2 switches and a cable modem off of an Astron RM-35.
                          Overkill, but reliable
                          36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

I'd have to look into something like that.. They would allow for all the tips/jack compatibility you need? For like dif model/size power jack?

Comment

Bump..

Looking for recommendations on recap of the D-Link.. I have some Sanyo 16v 1000uf I believe but its 8 X 20 just a little 2 big I think for the D-Links.. I'm thinking 10x16 or so to be safe.. Recap all the 25V caps aswell?

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                              X