Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitachi P50S601 - No prime, Solid Blue LED, can't turn off

Greetings!

This is my office TV and came back to work after the weekend to find the TV with blue power light on (which is normally the on state), but no picture. Power had gone off over the weekend in the building. Also, found that TV was plugged into a 3 prong outlet surge protector with the ground prong cut off sometime in the past. Tried resetting the AC and found that it clicks on when plugged in, no panel prime, blue LED turns solid, can hear fans come on, then another click as if it's shutting down, but blue LED stays on. Pressing power will not do anything; it's just stuck that way.

Voltage readings on power supply:

connector: CN64

VA: goes to 4.0v at initial click, then to 66v (full) when fans come on, but goes back to 4.0v when shutdown click is heard, then slowly to 0v.

VS: goes to 4.0v at initial click, then only to 66.6v (full is 89.5v) when fans come on, but goes back to 4.0v when shutdown click is heard, then slowly to 0v.

Vcc5.1: goes to 5.1 after initial click, but drops to 0v when shutdown click occurs.

connector: CPPS

15v: comes up to 15v at initial click, drops to 0v at shutdown click.
    16v: comes up to 16v at initial click, drops to 0v at shutdown click.
    10v: does not come up (0v)
    5.4v comes up to 5.6v at initial click, drops to 0v at shutdown click.

connector: CN8

REC_STBY: comes up to 3.1 with initial click and drops to 0 when shutdown click occurs.
    POD_STBY: comes up to 4.7 with initial click and stays at 4.7 even when shutdown click occurs.
    AC-CLOCK: 4.6v when TV off, goes to 3.3v when clicks on and stays at 3.3v when shutdown occurs.
    POWER_OFF: 3.9 when TV off, goes to 0v and stays at 0v through shutdown.
    STBY: 5.2v constant.

connector: CN68
    Vcc5.1 (same as above reading on CN64)
    Vra: goes to 1.7v when fans start, then goes to 0v when shutdown clicks.
    Vrs: goes to 2.3v when fans start, then goes to 0v when shutdown clicks.
    Vcego: goes to 2.3v when fans start, then goes to 0v when shutdown clicks.
    Vsago: goes to 2.7v when fans start, then goes to 0v when shutdown clicks.

Note: Disconnecting CN64 will stop the TV from automatically coming on when AC applied; instead it will have a red standby LED and you can press power, but VS and VA will be at that 4.0v, but never ramp up and the blue LED will blink a x4 code.

What I've replaced:

Logic board replaced (used) no change in symptom.

Main digital board (used) (the one with the HDMI connectors) replaced and no change in symptom.

Note: I've also removed both Y-DRV buffers completely and no change in symptom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Hitachi P50S601 - No prime, Solid Blue LED, can't turn off

Here's the photos:
    Attached Files

Comment

Someone told me you can't remove both buffers at once, is that true? Should I try removing one at a time? Also, I'm concerned that the logic and main I got could have been defective, too, but need to confirm before trying additional boards.

Comment

You can check the buffer boards with your meter using diode test, I do believe you can disconnect both, but I know you can run with upper or lower by themselves, just don't run it for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          You can check the buffer boards with your meter using diode test, I do believe you can disconnect both, but I know you can run with upper or lower by themselves, just don't run it for a long time.
          Yes, thanks, I suppose I could test them (I do know how), but wanted to see if they were even the cause of this issue.

Comment

Correction, the 10v supply is okay after all.

Comment

I did the buffer removal tests one at a time and no difference, TV still shuts down in same way and VS still only goes to 66v before shutting down. Anyone have anything to try? Any help?

Comment

There is likely a fault on the Y-sus board, There are no schematics for these boards so they are very hard to troubleshoot.

Comment

Got a service bulletin showing how to force on the power supply to see if was capable of reaching full VS and it was not, so replaced power supply board and that fixed the TV. Very odd that it was locking up and not responding, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Truncatedhose View Post
                    Got a service bulletin showing how to force on the power supply to see if was capable of reaching full VS and it was not, so replaced power supply board and that fixed the TV. Very odd that it was locking up and not responding, though.
                    Truncatedhose,

How did you force this power supply on?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Hitachi P50S601

Hitachi P50S601

Does anyone know how to force on the power supply on the set?

power board is---ha02202.

Plug CN63 as follows
                      1.--stb5v
                      2.--GND
                      3.--NC
                      4.--power off
                      5.--AC Clock
                      6.--POD-Stby
                      7.--REC-stby
                      8.--NC

Plug CN68 as follows
                      1.--vcc5.1v