Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New datacenter hardware build

Originally posted by momaka View Post
    Quad Pentium 3's sounds awesome. I have a dual Pentium 3 Coppermine rig (the HP NetServer E800). Uses an Asus CUR-DLS motherboard. I'm using it for the occasional torrent or large files backup storage.
    See the attachments.
    Attached Files
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Re: Windows XP End of Life Approaching

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    See the attachments.
    If I visit, I may have to take a look for myself.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Wow! That would make a nice headless server!
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
        If I visit, I may have to take a look for myself.
        She's no longer in operation, shes been retired since 2007 when I pulled her out of one of the datacenters. I still have her here, and no plans to get rid of. Last time I had her fired up, she'd BSoD on occasion, never bothered troubleshooting. She's got 4x 146gb SCSI320 10k RPM HDD's in that SCA backplane. Shes a netfinity 7000.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

New datacenter hardware build

Decided to make my own thread to share the trials and tribulations of my new Hyper-V buildout. This system has been 6 months in the works, with many revisions to the initial spec. There were a lot of meetings that felt like we were

Originally planned to be 3 HP DL360's and an EMC VNX 5300 SAN, it eventually changed to a C3000 BladeSystem, with 3 BL465 blades and an EMC VNX2 5200 SAN. It took so long to nail down the specs that EMC actually released a new line of products in the meantime, which meant we had to change the spec AGAIN.

So far, I have the BladeSystem and fiber channel backend in house. The SAN is supposedly being delivered today. We'll be connected to the internal network with 6 10gbit fiber links, and from the bladesystem to the san with 8 8gbit fiber links.

Everything was spec'ed out with redundancy in mind. We should be able to drop two of the 3 blades and suffer only a slight reduction in performance. The SAN and internal communications are all fully redundant, as are the power supplies.

Interesting note on the BladeSystem PSUs.... they're 1200w in a very small formfactor. I went to look at specs, and found that they only output 12v. Must be stepped down elsewhere in the enclosure. But they'll do a solid 100amps @ 12vdc!

Anyway, pics of the BladeSystem are attached. I'll keep the progress updated as we go.
          Attached Files
          Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Re: New datacenter hardware build

I combined my old beater server posts with this thread. Yea, I think its safe to say that you have mine beat. I got this server second hand in 2004 iirc. Ran it several years until it began having stability issues and phased it out.

RD, if you bring the 'rango, I may just send it home with you. It'll take 3 mules and a crane to lift it up though...
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

But... now it says it's your thread
              Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

^
                Use those mod powers and split it off into its own.....my bad, I really didn't think about that.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

I combined my old beater server posts with this thread. Yea, I think its safe to say that you have mine beat. I got this server second hand in 2004 iirc. Ran it several years until it began having stability issues and phased it out.

RD, if you bring the 'rango, I may just send it home with you. It'll take 3 mules and a crane to lift it up though...
                  I may have to...
                  sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

You should see the server I am helping an electrical engineer build... it's, awesome!

Can't talk about it much though ... ya know.
                    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

See the attachments.
                      Ah there it is. I was just wondering where this post disappeared .
                      About that quad P3 server - NICEEEE! I sure hope they didn't use 50 mm fans on each CPU, though - that would be LOUD!
                      (then again, it's a server. Who cares? )

Originally posted by dood
                      Interesting note on the BladeSystem PSUs.... they're 1200w in a very small formfactor. I went to look at specs, and found that they only output 12v. Must be stepped down elsewhere in the enclosure. But they'll do a solid 100amps @ 12vdc!
                      So if the power supply burns out, you could probably use a welder as a makeshift power supply .

Comment

Working...
                      X