Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN60EH6003 goes black during video games and requires power cycle

Hi all,

We have a 13 month old Samsung 60" UN60EH6003 TV that has been acting up recently. During heavy video game usage, the screen will go black, the blacklight will be visible (screen has glow) and the TV requires shutting it down and back on for the screen to come back on. This happens both with an XBox one and a PS4 through a Sony receiver with HDMI cables. More active games seem to cause it more frequently. The remote works while the screen is black to shut it off but the on screen menus do not appear. We don't have sound through the TV so I'm not sure if sound is working when the video goes dead.

If we leave the XBox one just sitting at a home menu screen the problem does not happen. It only appears to happen when the TV is working harder to render a changing screen.

I switched the TV to "game mode" yesterday without any success.

I updated the firmware to the latest (1012?) off the Samsung website a few hours ago without any change.

Any ideas what might be the problem? I see a three board repair kit on eBay for $95 for my model so could start swapping out boards if need be.

Our house is 78 degrees or so in summer so maybe the TV is getting too hot and hitting some thermal shutdown? A sunny window is behind it so we just starting blocking that to see if that might help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Samsung UN60EH6003 goes black during video games and requires power cycle

Hi guys

Not familiar with this specific model , but does seem like main CPU might be overheating with the more demanding video content , unless there's a separate video processing chip .

Might be worth renewing thermal paste .

Comment

Known issue with the tcon board in that model. Search the part number on ebay for repair services. There is one for $25.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51623

https://ebay.us/QYesjf
        Last edited by neilc6; 01-20-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Hi Neil

Description of fault repair service on E BAY link doesn't quite match the problem mentioned .

Would still be interesting to know what fails on the T-CON

Keep up the good work.

Regards Zen

Comment

I have the same model waiting for a new tcon board since I can't access the repair service from Canada. TV turns on with backlight but no video. This is a symptom of a bad tcon board. The repair kits include one IC and two caps.

Comment

It's the ISL9860 ic that goes faulty. The caps are 2.2uf 50v ceramics. About $1/£1 for parts.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuHrnvAKlGw

Comment

Working...
              X