X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 40RV525U spots

Hi guys

I read a lot of posts on this issue but can't find anything that helps

I have a Toshiba 40RV525U. It switches on and stays on. The screen looks as if it got splotches on, or the same colour looks different in different in certain places on the screen. I cleaned the FFC cables with IPA, with same result.

Also on the right side is some horizontal lines which I presume is bad panel. Is it worthwhile to try to fix this

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by henryvrensburg; 11-24-2018, 04:10 PM.

Re: Toshiba 40RV525U spots

??

Comment

Though leds because i seen a dark spot from your camera. The liquid crystal could be leaking if its got a crack.
      Last edited by bman4; 11-30-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Can you get a better picture of those horizontal lines?

Comment

I have had two of these at one point. After tearing down one I found the sheet layers to be yellowish. The plastic pieces in the light box had similar discolouration and were brittle.

These sets suffer from inverter failure. I know my first attempted repair I pulled the black piece out thinking that's how you remove the inverter. I thought I could push it back into place but it really never made good contact with the lamps. I think after the inverter was repaired the subsequent arcing caused an acrid gas to be released inside the light box. Only thing I could figure.

Comment

Working...
          X