Asus X455LJ need to identify the chip please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X455LJ need to identify the chip please help

I need to identify this chip because when i plugged the charger this chip is very hot. The board is X455LJ REV 3.1. I have attached the image of the board and chip can someone identify and help please
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-08-2021, 10:21 AM. Reason: added "Asus X455LJ" to thread title

Re: need to identify the chip please help

From boardview, PU8100 is the 3V/5V regulator. Could be UP1589Q, confirm with markings.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

And what is the marking on the chip?

Most likely it is 3/5 V controller. If hot - usually means too much current drawn either from ldo or smps output. Measure resistances on outputs pin 3,8,13,14 - search for low values.

Comment

pin 3= 13.58kohms
        pin8= 2.95kohms
        pin13=2.95kohms
        pin14=14.75 then goes to 0kohms

Comment

Look if KBC is shorted, had this problem before on a pretty similar ASUS board and KBC was dead

Comment

Pin 14 - 5V, if i understand you correctly it is shorted.
            You need to find the short on the board. Methods are described - search.
            Boardview attached, might be helpful.

Link to boardview - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97317

Link to 455LJ Rev 3.1 boardview - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124490

Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-10-2023, 09:15 AM.

Comment

@conste thanks for the info the kbc is not shorted one ceramic caps near kbc its shorted replaced it short its gone but bios and ec corrupted, Flash main and ec problem solved! thank you

Comment

@khaahk thanks for the help already solved the problem, the culprit is ceramic caps near kbc replaced it and program both main and ec now laptop working fine. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                  From boardview, PU8100 is the 3V/5V regulator. Could be UP1589Q, confirm with markings.
                  Hello master
                  I have the same problem, i check pin 20, it must bee 5v, drop to 3v.
                  Where is P5v En 5 goes?
                  Thanks for the help

Comment

Hi there.Pls i need schematic diagram x455lj

Comment

@zarmo, will a boardview file help ?

Comment

@mon2, yes, but this is my problem, all voltges are flactuate 3v5v, 1.35v, 1.0v, 0.8v ..when i plug the power to the bord the power led indicator & airplane led indicator are both together blinking continuously..when i press the power button nothing happen..i dont know witch problem come from..thanks for the reply friend

Comment

@zarmo,

1) power down and remove battery & adapter. Meter in resistance mode (ohms). Black lead to ground. Red lead on every inductor / coil you can locate on the board.

Checking for low resistance on each coil. It is ok to have a low resistance on the very low voltages used by the CPU / GPU components.

2) Post your values. This may indicate a bad cap - often are tantalum caps with a polarity mark. Such a bad cap derates over time and causes a short circuit event which leads to a high current spike for that voltage rail. The local switching IC will then deem this to be a short circuit and cause the power rail to shut off and usually leads to power cycling as you are observing.

Comment

Re: Asus X455LJ need to identify the chip please help

Anyone know the value of R3053? Is it a 0 ohm resistor?
                            I have problem, in pin2 i have 3.2V, but in pin1 im not getting 3.2v, its keep changing between 1.6-2.6V up and down (its happen when i just plug the power adapter).
                            When i press power button, it shown 3.2V steady in pin1.
                            Attached Files

Comment

See attached.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                                See attached.
                                thanks mon2

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                                  See attached.
                                  Could you share your boardview file, my boardview file does not show any info of components.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by vitinhtrikhoi View Post
                                    Could you share your boardview file, my boardview file does not show any info of components.

Thank you.
                                    The link to the available boardviews are at post #6 .The picture at post #15 shows at the top left that its a X455LD Rev 2.1 boardview.Use the forum search and see if its been posted.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-10-2023, 09:24 AM.
                                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                                    X