Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proline Arrow Portable TV 5.6" TFT

CTV-606

security guard dropped his tv on the floor and now it only plays wavy lines, if you change channel there is a different wavy lines. there is no menu coming up though.

i have reseated the flat cable and also i soldered another bit of cable on the left side because it just came away. still no luck. the construction is wierd. looks like a lot was hand soldered.

any ideas?

the cable on the left to the screen what does it do?

regarding the antenna (which is not the problem because he uses external antenna) it was connected to the board with a coaxial cable which came away also. i put a single cable for the time being cos i cant see where the two points on the antenna are. should there be two points?
    Attached Files
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: Proline Arrow Portable TV 5.6" TFT

Will, Cable on left looks like control buttons only.
    Coax to antenna may have ground on board and only signal on lug at ant.
    There are some fragile things, the crystal for one and hair crack of board for another.
    Not a well made unit.
    Jim

Comment

hi will,arneson..all

Ok no expert here, no clue on the circuit or chips used

Sounds to me as if your not getting any video/sound from RF side
      (that would most likely be all the smarts under the tin can)

be nice if it had a A/V (video) input so you could check that it works on that side of things.

my guess would be (as pointed out by Arneson) that maybe a XTAL has died so you are not getting a down conversion of signal.
      (not sure how much these things can take but its sounds like it must of been some hell of a drop)

The 4.433xxx I think is part colour generating circiut.
      The box type one (if it is a xtal)near the 4 caps I can't read the value on, but might be a likely suspect if its part of the IF or RF stage.

As I said a guess from what I can gather from pics and info.

As pointed out by Arneson hairline crack or a doggy solder joint is well on the cards too.

Did a quick search but couldn't find any useful info for you will

oh lastly there maybe one under the can, I know that the long black types xtals fail, Can't see any on pcb but not to say there isn't one.
      Last edited by starfury1; 08-16-2006, 11:07 AM.
      You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

link for the tin can xinfa tdq for what its worth ....click on the 3t series
        (might be power supply prob to tin can)

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DX
        Last edited by starfury1; 08-16-2006, 11:23 AM.
        You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

thanks guys. it has av in so i will check that. i have time tomorrow to look at it. i will check under the tin can.

it fell on to marble floor from the table top.

would be nice to fix it but i am very pessimistic at the moment.

Comment

By the looks of it will that tin cans a complete module so you may not be able to get into it at all...if it is the fault (and I am thinking possibly not) you would have to replace the tin can probably $$$ item
            but again no expert and I am not really up on the latest gear these days

Comment

I've been using the Tote Vision version of this, also cheaply made.
              Open it up once, your ok. Open it up again, just be gentle.
              Open the third time,connections are now popping loose.
              Jim

Comment

i have given up on this sucker
                anybody that finds one or indeed anything with broken screen that will take a 5.6" TFT please let me know.

Comment

Have you already replaced the 433 crystal? this would be what i would do in the first step. Just desolder them and shake it. If it makes some noise replace it. They fore shure do not survive a drop on a hard flor. I don't think that anything else is broken. But shure, i am not an expert on this too. May be KC8 can help .....but usually broken things are not that dificuilt if you can immagine where the impact was.

Comment

ok i will do that

a/v in doesnt do shit either

Comment

Working...
                    X