Samsung LCD TV 8 times blink red diode /wont turn on/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LCD TV 8 times blink red diode /wont turn on/

Samsung le32s86bd, Power Supply: bn41-00879b . Tv won't turn on. If i press power button, red diode on stn by blink 8 time. Black screen, no sound. On every button from remote red diode blink.
    I open tv and i have 2 caps 1000/35v bad. I replace them, and after that check all caps on power supply with esr meter, they are perfect
    Voltages from PS:
    I have all correct voltages on inverter /24v/ stable.
    5v -correct
    13v -12.2v
    12v-11.8v
    After replacing caps, i remote eeprom /delete eeprom/ and put again empty, but the problem was same.
    My question is/....

Do you know somebody what mean 8 times blink on Samsung LCD TV. I search today, every day on google, russian forum, service manual...there is no list with Samsung errors or problem with 8 times blinks.

Re: Samsung LCD TV 8 times blink red diode /wont turn on/

Don't know blink codes. You get backlight flash? ps-on changes? Don't know if erasing eeprom was a good thing.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

No backlight flash, just black screen. Sometimes, when you have bad caps, eeprom is bad, for example in this case.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bh3LZ7KcWY

Comment

What about control voltages ps-on, bl-on?

Comment

There is no fault codes with Samsung standby blinks

Comment

Pictures would also help

Comment

Hi. I don't know where i can find PS_ON /BL_ON.

BLU-5V
              ADIM-0V
              DET-5.3V
              GND-0V
              PWM-0V
              Attached Files

Comment

There's service manual which may be of your power supply
                The power supply number shown in the picture in post #7 does not match the model number given in post #1 which you say was bn41-00879b
                Check the voltage on connector CNM801, pin1 = Power_On/Off

After replacing caps, i remote eeprom /delete eeprom/ and put again empty, but the problem was same.
                My question is/....

Will this set power up with a blank EEPROM fitted???
                Last edited by dick_barton; 07-12-2017, 07:53 AM.
                Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Sorry. I see a lot of Power supply in Internet...

On connector CNM801, pin1 = Power_On/Off I have stable 3.3v. CM856 (1000MF/25V) was very bad (216mf ) i check with esr meter. After this procedure i remove IC501 (eeprom) and from my laptop with programmer i delete eeprom and put it empty the same chip. In this mainboard i see also IC3208 (on my pic) which is also the same like IC501, but delete only IC501.

Here upload short video with 8 blinks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS-...ature=youtu.be
                  Attached Files

Comment

Need picture of connector from power board to main board. With connector unplugged what voltages do you get?

Comment

You have all the correct power supplies output Voltage per your post #1. You do have 24VDC for the inverter and the BLU 5V (bl-on) to turn on the inverter circuit but no dimming control signal from either Analog dim or PWM dim.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

The Samsung sets always blink when turning on but it does not blink any error codes.
                        Did you save the data from the EEPROM because I would write it back to the EEPROM and test the set again.

Comment

You can test your power supply by disconnecting the main board from the power supply and connecting a 1K resistor from:-
                          B/L_ON/OFF to STBY_5V

and another 1K resistor from
                          Power On/Off to STBY_5V
                          The backlights should come on.

I suspect you need a replacement EEPROM but I don't know which one of the two need to be replaced, possibly both.

Comment

Yes, i save the old eeprom file. On my file has some (FF) may be is bad.

This at the same time (with two 1k resistors), or first ''1K resistor from
                            '''B/L_ON/OFF to STBY_5V

Power On/Off to STBY_5V
                            ''''
                            and after that

B/L_ON/OFF to STBY_5V'' - check voltage and after that ''and another 1K resistor from
                            Power On/Off to STBY_5V
                            '' - check voltages?
                            Last edited by coojoe_213; 07-12-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Somebody, can you download this files? http://**************/dump/lcd_pdp_t.../241-1-0-44569

Comment

Originally posted by coojoe_213 View Post
                                Yes, i save the old eeprom file. On my file has some (FF) may be is bad.

This at the same time (with two 1k resistors), or first ''1K resistor from
                                '''B/L_ON/OFF to STBY_5V

Power On/Off to STBY_5V
                                ''''
                                and after that

B/L_ON/OFF to STBY_5V'' - check voltage and after that ''and another 1K resistor from
                                Power On/Off to STBY_5V
                                '' - check voltages?
                                Use the two resistors at the same time. First one to jumper BL_ON/OFF to STBY_5V and second one to jumper PowerON/OFF to STBY_5V at the same time.

Comment

Ok i will try. I upoload fully two eeprom files LE32S86 IC501 AT24C256BN SOIC8 150mil and LE32S86 IC3208 AT24C256BN SOIC8 150mil
                                  I have question... how many volts i must have on PWM pin and ADIM pin if the tv work correct?
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by coojoe_213; 07-13-2017, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coojoe_213 View Post
                                    Ok i will try. I upoload fully two eeprom files LE32S86 IC501 AT24C256BN SOIC8 150mil and LE32S86 IC3208 AT24C256BN SOIC8 150mil
                                    I have question... how many volts i must have on PWM pin and ADIM pin if the tv work correct?
                                    See the attached spec sheet of the LCD panel: V315B1-L01. It uses one or the other (PWM or ADIM).
                                    Attached Files
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                                      You can test your power supply by disconnecting the main board from the power supply and connecting a 1K resistor from:-
                                      B/L_ON/OFF to STBY_5V

Power On/Off to STBY_5V

I suspect you need a replacement EEPROM but I don't know which one of the two need to be replaced, possibly both.
                                      One more question: Where i can find STBY_5V pin?
                                      I think i found one problem but i don't know yet. On ic101(78m09) on mainboard on OUTPUT i have 1v stable, on Input i have 12V, on IC1105(269 5G) on mainboard near to IC101 on OUTPUT i have 0.2v, on Input i have 1v. Is it normal??? All other regulators have correct voltage on outputs.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by coojoe_213; 07-14-2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I change 78m09 with brand new, now voltage to output is 1.30v, the problem is a same, 8 blinks, no backlights. Why i have 1.30v on output?
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by coojoe_213; 07-14-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X