Sony Bravia KDL52W5100....two thin pink lines that go away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Bravia KDL52W5100....two thin pink lines that go away

Scored a Sony Bravia with two pink lines on the screen. Funny thing is they go away after about 30 minutes use. Bad panel?
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Re: Sony Bravia KDL52W5100....two thin pink lines that go away

I'd inspect the tab bonds and clean all the ribbon cables first.

Comment

Right on. I will do that for sure. Once the lines are gone she looks really good! They only seem to appear until it warms up.

Comment

For the sake of adding to the knowledge base I have an update. I finally got time to get back to this. One screw in the pedestal base was in the wrong place upon disassembly....so someone has been in to it before.

The tape over the t-con cover looked untouched. I carefully removed it and cleaned the contacts on both ribbon cables. There were no real signs of bad connections but the contacts were slightly tarnished. The inside of the TV is super clean.

Interestingly enough the colors now appear more vibrant and the picture is a bit sharper. Even the two pink lines are sharper and more crisp, until it warms up and they go away.

So....the display is on it's way out. Truth told I'm not a bit upset. I checked out the board prices and there's a gold mine in there! When the lines become more constant I'll stop using it and have a sell-off! I call this $20.00 well spent, and I have a TV well good enough to use.....at least for a while!

I only have one more question. I accessed the service menu and the total hours display as 00129. There's no way it only has 129hrs on it, so am I reading this wrong?

Thanks everyone!

Comment

It could have been reset. Since there are just 2 lines you could try putting a piece of rubber or plastic to put pressure on the affected tab, will have it going for a few months at least.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Have a jvc tv, if the screws holding the frame of the screen, the last ones you unscrew before you get to the tab bonds iirc, if they weren't screwed in just right there would be those thin vertical lines, too tight or too loose on each screw and you would get a line.

Comment

I tried different torque on the screws and the lines are still there. Thanks for the idea, it was worth a try!

Comment

Working...
              X