UE55D8000 Power Cycling On Off Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UE55D8000 Power Cycling On Off Issue

I can get you LED strips for this set here if you're willing to pay for them, plus postage of course. Found them for sale locally. Want me to ask the guy how much he wants for them?
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Quick question. Even with the strips disconnected the relay still clicks on and off. Is this normal. And when ac is applied it seems the power supply starts in an on state.

Comment

Would any of you be able to guide me to testing the boards to make sure its def the backlights?

Comment

the test you carried out in post 17 do you still get the same results?

Comment

Yes still the same. With mainboard disconnected the power supply is on but not even a flash from the leds. I can see votages at the top half of the supply so shes definately on. I always thought the leds were supposed to light.

Comment

leds will light if good but you have got a issue with your led strip? this maybe why there not lighting/getting a flash from the strips as the protection circuit maybe kicking in im sure budm will advise if he sees this thread but your next step in fault finding/fixing the tv is too fix the led issue next.
              Last edited by vinceroger69; 03-27-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Budm is working on some testing I believe but I know he is busy at the minute. If you guys see suitable led strips in the UK please let me know. I'd be eager to get a set.

Comment

maybe these ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100Pcs-70...53.m1438.l2649

Comment

These look the same but i would prefer the whole bar. I have attempted to solder on the broken one but it was total pain. If I find the edge lit led strips ill jump at them (at the right price ofcourse). There were no model numbers on the strips just a sticker as in the image
                    Attached Files

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUvclBfaMXg Video, testing powersupply.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-27-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Great videos. Thanks for the tips. I am enjoying exploring tv repair but this sammy is really throwing in a good challenge

Comment

I have tested the power supply and it tests good so I am now looking for the LED strips for the set if I can get them. I have literally looked everywhere. If any of you can find these please let me know.

TV Model: Samsung UE55D8000YUXXU
                          Prod Code: LTJ550HQ04-J BL-UE55D8000YUXXU

I was able to hit up a search for the exact ones I needed here but they are out of stock. Whats a man to do? https://www.tvparts.co.uk/ltj550hq04...ue55d8000yuxxu

Thanks

Comment

post 41 maybe depend on what the shipping is to the uk i guess if its cost effective or if not i wonder if you purchased some spare new leds maybe a more experienced member would fit them for you?

Comment

I have Pm'd. Cheers Vince

Comment

Update, I have looked at the led strips and when the cable is removed from power supply to main board there is indeed voltage present at the led strips. Could it be that the 2 broken off leds are causing a break in the loop?

Comment

Yes, those missing LEDs will cause issues.

Comment

Should I disregard other advice to bypass these? I was told this by the local repair guy but I know it probably not the correct thing to do. I noticed when I tested the points using a resister the lights start to light as expected when ac is applied.

Comment

Or if there isn't really a safe way to do that I will package up to send Cheers

Comment

Here is the images of the leds where two have broken off and the size etc. Thanks
                                        Attached Files

Comment

They look like 5030 package, so suitable sized replacements are available. They are 3v.

Comment

Working...
                                          X