Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG T250SC DVD receiver - noise from the speakers

Well, hello again, dear friends.
    Today I will torture you with my problems again.
    I have a problem with my old DVD receiver, that I used to use as audio system some time ago. I have only a noise from the speakers - all of them. It doesn't matter if you turn the volume to the minimum or blast it to the max - the noise doesn't change at all as intensity
    I've checked the PSU voltages and I've found that 35V a lit a little bit low - about 27V. Everything else checks as it should.
    The receiver uses a pwm driver and BA505, so perhaps it's hard to diagnose without a proper equipment..
    I would be extremely glad if you can help me with this problem.
    Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
    1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Re: LG T250SC DVD receiver - noise from the speakers

What is the full model number?
    https://elektrotanya.com/showresult?...oria=&kat2=all
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
      LH-T250SC P/N 3850RLM008F
      2xSTA 515 as a final stage amplifiers.
      BA5954FM as a actuator driver
      Pulsus ps9818 as a digital sound processor/PWM driver of the STA515
      Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
      1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

27V is a bit low. Re-test/replace all the smaller e-caps on the PSU. Investigate why that voltage is so low. The large filter e-caps should be good, though

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
          27V is a bit low. Re-test/replace all the smaller e-caps on the PSU. Investigate why that voltage is so low. The large filter e-caps should be good, though
          Well...I think..If one of the STA-s is shorted, do you think that it's possible for the voltage to drop that low? I cant separately test the STA-s, because they are not usual final stage amps and I can't just supply the inputs with some signal.
          So, I have noise from the speakers. When I move the board or connect antenna, then I can hear cracking for a second from the speakers. I cant regulate the volume neither from the front panel, nor from the remote.
          The problem is that there are 2 STA-s, and I hear only noise from all the speakers. This means that either both are busted, there is a problem with the driver or there is other issue that affects both the STA-s.
          Do you think that this can be power supply issue?
          Last edited by televizora; 09-07-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

WTF!!?Yesterday, I heard a strange noise, but thought that it comes from the PSU. Today I've tested the receiver again. I've connected antenna to the FM antenna jack. When I increase the volume to the maximum, I can hear a faint sound from the radio station that is being received coming from the FM tuner itself!!? Something inside the tuner is oscillating as well as both the STA-s are warming up the coller placed on top of them.
            Please help!?
            Last edited by televizora; 09-08-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

It's one of the STA-s. I've cut the power of the one of STA-s. Before, there was some sound from the front left channel. From all the other channels - only noise. Now I have 3 channels that work and there isn't any noise.
              What I did is to cut the trace with +36V to the STA that is responsible for the sound on the front right, SubWoofer and back right. Kinda ghetto mod. Now I will look for another STA, perhaps I will order one. They are cheap - something like 5$. I didn't think that one defective STA will interfere with the sound coming from the other STA, as they are separate IC-s. Seems like the noise passes tru the common ground the the two STA-s.
              Last edited by televizora; 09-08-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X